Looking for a notebook

jf1gp_1

Re: Looking for a notebook

toshiba nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why ??? Its pretty decent.. And its cheap too.. not like the inflatd dell... I got Toshiba satellite ( 1.7 Ghz , 512 Mb ram , core duo, ) for $630. Bought another 512 frm a friend for $25. So i got a 1 Gb RAM intel core duo processor for like $650..

Re: Looking for a notebook Whatever u buy if u get a Dell, get an insurance from Dell for the laptop, a life and home insurance, so u dont burn yourself or your home down, working on it. Dell still hasnt learnt how to make a laptop. IMO, Vaios are the best ones around. (I have used Dell, HP, even a bit of ThinkPad, but like vaio best). But viao is expensive. Toshiba may be a better option than Dell if cost is the no. 1 criteria.

Re: Looking for a notebook I've been an Asus fan for the past 3 years. Got 2 laptops from them. Excellent quality, and worth the value. Not many ppl know of them, but they're really good.

Re: Looking for a notebook As i said i have a vaio and the way this one broke down i am not sure if i want to against buy vaio. Dell i just hate the part where you have to wait for weeks to get your machine. I dont mind paying a little extra so that i dont have to worry for the next 3 yrs. I will be using this machine for browsing maybe a little documentation but browsing and printing thats all i need a machine for.

Re: Looking for a notebook No to Sony. Yes to Dell for laptops and some LCD screens only (with the gold guarantee or whatever it's called these days) Browsing documentation won't tax your CPU at all. If that is the only use then no need to splash out on top of the line CPU or GPU.

Re: Looking for a notebook

As i said i have a vaio and the way this one broke down i am not sure if i want to against buy vaio. Dell i just hate the part where you have to wait for weeks to get your machine. I dont mind paying a little extra so that i dont have to worry for the next 3 yrs. I will be using this machine for browsing maybe a little documentation but browsing and printing thats all i need a machine for.
I've had good experiences with a Toshiba (died after 3 years), Compaq/HP (bought in 2002 - still working fine) and a Thinkpad (current one used at work).