Countries you have visited/lived

EnterTheVoid

India Bangladesh Sri Lanka China Guyana Tanzania North Korea Syria Laos Cuba Portugal Vietnam
How did you get a visa for North Korea? Their embassy almost never grants visas. I know of a case, a visiting faculty at my college who (as a part of a panel) is an expert on international law who was called to arbitrate on some minor water issue between North Korea and South Korea. The North Korea insisted on personnel from Neutral countries ( read: Non Western). So he was sent an invitational Visa. When he flew to North Korea from Delhi, he wasn't stopped but the authorities at the airport there said that he needed a clearance certificate with a background check from their embassy in Delhi which he didn't have. They said it was mentioned on the visa the North Korean govt. sent him ( which was in Korean obviously :D ). He argued that he was a guest of the government there and called by them, but the airport staff wouldn't yield. They deported him. :cantstop: Talk about a confused nation.

I am trying to understand how some of the people could afford to visit so many countries. More than afford, how do you get days off from work for all this? seems like some are just enjoying on their daddy's money...
And you haven't? :hmmmm2:

Best Country: India, Ireland Worst Country: USA, Saudi Arabia From the small sample size of people that I interacted with in each place: The friendliest: France, Iran ( especially if they find out that you are an Indian) The most condescending, cold, full of themselves jerks: Germany Wish list: Japan, Turkey, Pakistan, Cyprus, Maldives, Mauritius
The French and Friendly? they are the most stuck up people on this planet. P.S. I've been to Paris, Normandy, and Nice. Everywhere, if they hear you speak in English, they just look at you like an alien (My french is pretty basic) They are like the Americans of food and culture, they think that they are the pinnacles of both.

I am trying to understand how some of the people could afford to visit so many countries. More than afford, how do you get days off from work for all this? seems like some are just enjoying on their daddy's money...
:nono: not a single penny from parents (After college), in fact I have paid for their trip. and hence I have not visited as many place I would have liked :). But I do see some rich kids here. :)

India Bangladesh Sri Lanka China Guyana Tanzania North Korea Syria Laos Cuba Portugal Vietnam
How did you get a visa for North Korea? Their embassy almost never grants visas. I know of a case, a visiting faculty at my college who (as a part of a panel) is an expert on international law who was called to arbitrate on some minor water issue between North Korea and South Korea. The North Korea insisted on personnel from Neutral countries ( read: Non Western). So he was sent an invitational Visa. When he flew to North Korea from Delhi, he wasn't stopped but the authorities at the airport there said that he needed a clearance certificate with a background check from their embassy in Delhi which he didn't have. They said it was mentioned on the visa the North Korean govt. sent him ( which was in Korean obviously :D ). He argued that he was a guest of the government there and called by them, but the airport staff wouldn't yield. They deported him. :cantstop: Talk about a confused nation.
Time to admit something, I have been to North Korea as well. It's not as bad as western media makes it out to be. It's one of the most cleanest and beautiful places during summer. If you go outskirts of the capital and visit tourist spots, you will be amazed. During winter it's very cold though. NK girls are more beautiful than their SK counterparts. If you go to resturants the waitresses put on a singing and dancing show, showcasing their musical talent, which is great to see. Their monuments are fantastic as well. The Grand People's Study House in NK is very impressive. The country has a lot of potential if only the regime was not corrupt and stuck in the 1940s mindset.

:nono: not a single penny from parents (After college), in fact I have paid for their trip. and hence I have not visited as many place I would have liked :). But I do see some rich kids here. :)
good to know that .... I m sure you get a lot of their blessings and goodwill

:nono:not a single penny from parents (After college), in fact I have paid for their trip. and hence I have not visited as many place I would have liked :). But I do see some rich kids here. :)
Fantastic. Financial independence at a young age, :hatsoff: I make enough to travel round the world solo but not enough to pay for someone else. Not yet anyway.

The French and Friendly? they are the most stuck up people on this planet. P.S. I've been to Paris, Normandy, and Nice. Everywhere, if they hear you speak in English, they just look at you like an alien (My french is pretty basic) They are like the Americans of food and culture, they think that they are the pinnacles of both.
In Paris, I found that almost everyone spoke English. I made it clear that I'm just a tourist and don't know any French*. They were glad to converse in English after that. You may have been there for a longer time, and they would have thought that you are a resident who can't speak perfect French. Or maybe thats why the cold shoulder. The difference could be going there as a tourist and on a project/ for work. Or did you try to convince them that Chennai has a better nightlife than Paris? :P (*) I learned that by rote: je nes parleis pas francais, voulez vous parleis anglais? suis touriste. :D And voila, they all knew English.

^^ they are pretty ignorant when it comes to English. I remember as a kid' date=' I tried to get someone's help in a toy store but they refused to help me. The swiss have way better attitude[/quote'] :(( Maybe the people you asked weren't working at the store. They were also customers. :P Hmm, different experiences. Mine in France was barely 6 days. Anonymous and yourself (I guess), who spent more time there would have a better understanding of the place. PS: Rajiv, you are in Canada na? Isn't learning French compulsory? You didn't try speaking French at the store at all?

Travelled a fair bit for work: Lived:USA Travelled: Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Costa Rica, Carrabiean, Mexico, Canada, Spain, France, Germany, Finland, Belgium, India, Thailand, Hungary, Czech, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia. Forgot UK, India, portugal Most idiotic country: France Hottest women: Southern Spain, Brazil, Prague..nit the rest Best food: Malaysia, Thailand prettiest:Costa Rica Best place to live: Finland

good to know that .... I m sure you get a lot of their blessings and goodwill
parents don't need a penny to wish your best :)....and I don't seem to be making good use of extra blessing ( not yet a millionaire like you ;) ).
Fantastic. Financial independence at a young age, :hatsoff: I make enough to travel round the world solo but not enough to pay for someone else. Not yet anyway.
both pain points :(( Not young anymore, and not exactly financially independent - still have to go back to the job at the end of the day to make my ends meet. But yes I managed to take many long breaks - at a cost though :).

Travelled a fair bit for work: Lived:USA Travelled: Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Costa Rica, Carrabiean, Mexico, Canada, Spain, France, Germany, Finland, Belgium, India, Thailand, Hungary, Czech, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia. Forgot UK, India, portugal Most idiotic country: France Hottest women: Southern Spain, Brazil, Prague..nit the rest Best food: Malaysia, Thailand prettiest:Costa Rica Best place to live: Finland
Man.. what kind of job it is!!! I should send you my CV!!!!