Countries you have visited/lived

EnterTheVoid

lived: India - 13 years Canada - 3 years USA - 5 years + wtf with people listing places they visited on google maps? I do wanna travel but I wanna be successful before I do that. Places I wanna check out would include Brazil, Dubai, Spain, France, UK, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Russia, Caribbean I want to be able to interact with the people, learn how they live and survive, their culture, ways of living, food etc. I am not really interested in checking out places for nature (mountains, rivers, beaches etc). b!tches is a different story though :D

Sree_India, wonderful thread this!!! :hatsoff: I love reading travel experiences of other people. And sharing mine. I've been quite lucky to visit a lot of countries. Stayed only in India. Was on a holiday everywhere else. Countries I have visited are Republic of Ireland & the ones I posted on another thread earlier

I've been to many places, mainly as a tourist. Except for USA where I visited my brother on 2 occasions and stayed close to a month. China + HK - Too damn cold and no one knows English except the tour guide Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia (only Bali), Singapore - a holiday with friends. Dubai ( or whatever that country is called) x2 Saudi Arabia ( for Umrah) USA- Too damn cold and no one knows English UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Italy & Austria (Euro tour) Iran Kerala Thailand ( Bangkok + Phuket) Sri Lanka
Best Country: India, Ireland Worst Country: USA, Saudi Arabia From the small sample size of people that I interacted with in each place: The friendliest: France, Iran ( especially if they find out that you are an Indian) The most condescending, cold, full of themselves jerks: Germany Wish list: Japan, Turkey, Pakistan, Cyprus, Maldives, Mauritius
We had a 8 day trip of Iran. On one of the days, we were supposed to leave with at 8am for a city tour. Unfortunately, punctuality as a virtue is detestable when applicable to yourself. My dad ensured that we were in the lobby at 7:45 am. The other tourists mainly East Europeans and Japanese weren't on time. So the tour guide ( a Muslim) started small talk with my father. He asked us where we was from, and when my dad said India, he started off on a monologue that would even shame BossBhai. :icflove: He said some stuff about Iran rising again when she shuns Islam and returns to the ways of Zoroaster etc etc and how India and Iran are friends etc. Finally he asked my dad for his name and went :omg: after he figured out that we were Muslims. He was scared that we would complain, but we had no such intentions. My dad laughed it off and so did he. Later he even led us to a special shop so that we could buy silk rugs and bedsheets below market rate due to his contacts, All in all, the people there were absolutely friendly. Everyone. Tour guides, shop keepers, the people at the airports etc. Many big time Bollywood fans too. No fans of Sachin though :P

Random funny memory ------ Driver: When did you come to Macau? Me: This morning Driver: When are you leaving? Me: In .5 hr's time, back to Hong Kong. Driver: Leaving so soon? Me: Came to go B.A.S.E jumping off the tower. Driver: You come from Hong Kong just to go B.A.S.E. jumping off that tower? You ****ing crazy !!!!!!!, ****ing crazy man. --- :laugh:

I am trying to understand how some of the people could afford to visit so many countries. More than afford, how do you get days off from work for all this? seems like some are just enjoying on their daddy's money...
In this day and age its not that hard. :dontknow:

I am trying to understand how some of the people could afford to visit so many countries. More than afford, how do you get days off from work for all this? seems like some are just enjoying on their daddy's money...
Mine was 90% b4 Canada ( pre 2000 )