Countries you have visited/lived

EnterTheVoid

:(( Maybe the people you asked weren't working at the store. They were also customers. :P Hmm, different experiences. Mine in France was barely 6 days. Anonymous and yourself (I guess), who spent more time there would have a better understanding of the place. PS: Rajiv, you are in Canada na? Isn't learning French compulsory? You didn't try speaking French at the store at all?
I went to France in 1987 with my folks on a tour ( I knew they spoke English coz they were sarcastic in it) - err..toy store ppl I studied/worked in Switzerland in 1995-97 I live in Canada where Quebec is a Province, french is one of the official languages and it's not compulsory at all and west coast is immune to it

Travelled a fair bit for work: Lived:USA Travelled: Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Costa Rica, Carrabiean, Mexico, Canada, Spain, France, Germany, Finland, Belgium, India, Thailand, Hungary, Czech, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia. Forgot UK, India, portugal Most idiotic country: France Hottest women: Southern Spain, Brazil, Prague..nit the rest Best food: Malaysia, Thailand prettiest:Costa Rica Best place to live: Finland
Man.. what kind of job it is!!! I should send you my CV!!!!
Me too!!
+2!!!

In Paris, I found that almost everyone spoke English. I made it clear that I'm just a tourist and don't know any French*. They were glad to converse in English after that. You may have been there for a longer time, and they would have thought that you are a resident who can't speak perfect French. Or maybe thats why the cold shoulder. The difference could be going there as a tourist and on a project/ for work. Or did you try to convince them that Chennai has a better nightlife than Paris? :P (*) I learned that by rote: je nes parleis pas francais, voulez vous parleis anglais? suis touriste. :D And voila, they all knew English.
:csk: ftw... I was a tourist as well, they are definitely nicer to girls (bunch of tharkis). The men all look effin gay and the girls are definitely prettier than the ones across the channel.

good job + plan ahead + cheap flights + long weekends :winky:
That makes sense! I know a few people who travel a bit like this
And you haven't? :hmmmm2:
Rett, my family never had the funds to travel and explore when I was very young. I lived in Baroda for 13 years but haven't even seen Ahmadabad and Surat or Mumbai for that matter. If you call, two times meal and a roof as "enjoying" then yes I have. Though now, after moving to US we have progressed quite a bit and could travel the world.
Fantastic. Financial independence at a young age, :hatsoff: I make enough to travel round the world solo but not enough to pay for someone else. Not yet anyway.
I would like to know more...
:nono: not a single penny from parents (After college), in fact I have paid for their trip. and hence I have not visited as many place I would have liked :). But I do see some rich kids here. :)
How? did you get like a 100k job right after college? btw, i am still in college

Not young anymore' date=' and not exactly financially independent - still have to go back to the job at the end of the day to make my ends meet. But yes I managed to take many long breaks - at a cost though :).[/quote'] I would never ask my parents to pay for my overseas trips. You work, you earn the money yourself and you go exploring the world on your own. Thats where real satisfaction comes from, not from sponging off mum and dad.

That makes sense! I know a few people who travel a bit like this Rett, my family never had the funds to travel and explore when I was very young. I lived in Baroda for 13 years but haven't even seen Ahmadabad and Surat or Mumbai for that matter. If you call, two times meal and a roof as "enjoying" then yes I have. Though now, after moving to US we have progressed quite a bit and could travel the world. I would like to know more... How? did you get like a 100k job right after college? btw, i am still in college
You do not need 100K job, just a large (& stupid) heart :).. Also, I never bothered about building bank balance/ bangla/ better-gaadi.., always spent on electronics, gifts, family, travel, health/gym, and general ayyaashi.....I am the typical example of "hatheli mein chhed"...would have been crorepati easily by now, had I invested on right time.., but would have missed on so much fun - and yes you can always have best of both - if you plan well. If you are in college, then don't be jealous of stories in this thread.... you have time on your side.., even if you start with 60K job, that is more than you need to keep traveling at least 1 international destination each year, and yet not affect bank balance significantly.

I would never ask my parents to pay for my overseas trips. You work, you earn the money yourself and you go exploring the world on your own. Thats where real satisfaction comes from, not from sponging off mum and dad.
++++ In fact would not bother inheriting even single penny... more satisfaction comes, if one can manage at least one of their trips /materialistic-desire-they-would-not-reveal - felt so good, when I managed their first overseas trip (accommodation was taken care of by sis)...(also few other materialistic firsts in their life. :proud:) But yes, it would have helped on many other fronts, if I were born with silver spoon :)

I wouldn`t worry Transparent if you are not able to travel much right now. I too am in college by the way.
Reading these stories about going back to college... I also feel like going back, but guess I am too old to go through courses/curriculum/exams..., and before that apping shapping.

^dahej se banega vo sab :proud:..apne maa baap pe bhoj nahi ban na' date=' doosron ke maa baap pe is cool[/quote'] beta tumhari shaadi nahi honi jab tak ladki walon ko yeh na bolo 'ladke ka khud ka gharr hai umreekaa mein :agree:' dahej ki tou baad ki baat hai. dahej money is only girls money.. boyz money is dono ka money :nono: