We have no one to blame but ourselves

Fontaine

4 dropped catches, 1 wicket off a no ball, 18 no balls and some indifferent batting when Sehwag etc should have been playing for stumps. The disapointing thing is that Australia didn't outplay us, we simply made far more mistakes and this in a test match where Zaheer bowled like a champion and was well supported by our spinners. There were two great chances for us to get on top of this match but we've squandered both opportunities. This is what happens when we well matched teams play. The team that commits the least mistakes tends to come out on top and we face a very difficult struggle to win in this one.

4 dropped catches' date=' 1 wicket off a no ball, 18 no balls and some indifferent batting when [b']Sehwag etc should have been playing for stumps. The disapointing thing is that Australia didn't outplay us, we simply made far more mistakes and this in a test match where Zaheer bowled like a champion and was well supported by our spinners.
Much as I would like that, we will have to accept that, that idea is a non starter.

They need to show some real grit tomorrow to see this one off. The same that India showed in SL in the last test. But that was SL and Laxman was also available. Here we have Aussies spitting fire on the field with rising short pitch bowlers and Laxman, our mainstay in tough situations,is injured. Dhoni has had a rough game and then the tail. For all the praises that we heap on Sehwag I think he needs to start delivering big time in the 2nd innings as well. He looks clueless at times in the 2nd innings. A quickfire 30-40 from him today would have really made a lot of difference. I know its not fair to ask him to score in every innings but he was really needed today.

I think India can hold on to a draw, possibly go for a win. Lame predictions like 'We will batter Aussies' etc piss me off to no end --- Australia are a weak team but are no pushovers by any means.
A draw is ruled out. If India survive the whole day tomorrow, they will win. There are only 2 possible results here.
I think India can hold on to a draw, possibly go for a win. Lame predictions like 'We will batter Aussies' etc piss me off to no end --- Australia are a weak team but are no pushovers by any means.
Of course they will piss you of. You are an aussie fan so such threads will annoy you. To indians it creates a different feeling. You will also be annoyed as the last time a prdeiction of we will batter the ausseis was given, as we did batter them:isalute: Much to the annoyance of your mod pal who you brown nose extensivley:--D And no it will not be our fault. Bowden has been a cheat and the umpires a joke. I do not exaggerate to say if not for cheating umpires we would be chasing 140 to win and Gambhir would still be batting
How is there going to be a draw:hysterical: You need to stop watching aussie rules and watch a bit more cricket:hysterical: Its either an India win or your aussies win!
You are a fricking joke ...this is a team which got raped by England, and even Pakis won a game against them. Remember last time they visited, we absolutely smashed the bejesus out of them, and won by hundreds of runs in Mohali.

Yes we have ourselves to blame. We have played positive cricket and set up the game by scoring faster than aussies. We don't even deserve to lose, even though we dropped catches, even Aussies did. Their drops were not as costly as ours. Its part and parcel of the game. Overrall we have been better, just had bad 45 mins and lost 2 unneccesary wickets of Sehwag and Raina. And yes Umpiring was terrible. Katich would have been goner long back. and what more Dhoni was given out when BOD sould have gone to him. Then obvious mistake by Billy the Clown. Even if he missed the nick, that was not even hitting hte stumps.

We havent been as professional and as ruthless as we could have been, but that’s just part and parcel of sport .If we start conducting post mortems even before the match is over, then that’s a recipe for certain failure. Everyone makes mistakes, even the Aussie did. They dropped catches, missed stumpings in the Indian 1st innings. That didn’t stop them from being in a dominating position now. We did mess up a lot, but that shouldn’t interfere with our ability to fight back

You are a fricking joke ...this is a team which got raped by England' date=' and even Pakis won a game against them. Remember last time they visited, we absolutely smashed the bejesus out of them, and won by hundreds of runs in Mohali.[/quote'] Fair enough. Thats why I acknowledged that Aus were weaker than before. I don't prescribe to the view that they are some sort of pushovers and that wins over them can be taken for granted.
Fair enough. Thats why I acknowledged that Aus were weaker than before. I don't prescribe to the view that they are some sort of pushovers and that wins over them can be taken for granted.
You do realise that we were a bowler short while bowling and a batsman short hile batting in the first innings? 9 vs 11 for 50% of the match, add to it the idiotic umpiring that read 8-1 against India at the end of the day and we are still in it with some chance to win! Aussies indeed are pushovers away from home.

Last year when we had a ODI series against them we were leading 2-1 going into the 4th ODI. Its fair to say we were favourites to wrap up the ODI series, but the end result was Aus won 3-2. Somthing similar hapened here. We dominated most of the Match, but the Last session where we managed to almost lose the match by losing half our side. TBVH Aussies are looking an average side, we are in this position for the mistakes we made rather than them Outplaying us.

The Laxman injury was genuinely unlucky. Even Ishant's injury was unlucky though at least in his case he is a fast bowler and these things do happen more frequently to them. But it is unusual for a batsman to miss out, and we all know how good Laxman is when the pressure is on. The other stuff we do have only ourselves to blame for but worth remembering that the Aussies have missed chances themselves, just that they haven't been as expensive (like Hussey's drop off Ishant). Anyways, a huge disappointment to lose this game (bar YET another miracle from Sachin) and now a big salvage job will be needed at Bangalore next week to at least save the series.