Bollywood thrilled by Endhiran

fineleg

Superstar Rajnikanth was hailed by Bollywood Perfectionist Aamir Khan. After watching Endhiran – Robot at the premiere screening in Mumbai, Aamir Khan was totally fascinated on Endhiran – Robo and Rajinikanth mania. Aamir Khan already expressed keenness to watch Endhiran – Robot in his Twitter by posting “Am most keen to see 'Robot'. Rajni sir rocks!â€. Apart from Aamir Khan, many other Bollywood stars have been thrilled after watching Endhiran. Tusshar Kapoor tweeted about Endhiran, “.quite a fun film but a bit long. Rajni looks young and energetic even at this age. No wonder he’s such a superstar.†Actor Ritesh Deshmukh wrote “Superstar Rajni! He is a phenomenon. Action in 'Robot' is just what you want to watch as a Rajni fan. Go watch it now - a bit long but worth it.†And that’s not all. Even Amitabh Bachchan was impressed with his daughter-in-law’s looks Robot and said Aishwarya Rai is looking smashing. Dev Anand, Dharmeendra, Abhishek Bachchan, Robot director Shankar, Shriya Saran, and several other Bollywood biggies experienced the thrill of Endhiran.

Rajinikanth beats the Khans Move over Shah Rukh Khan; there’s a new king in tinsel town. He’s 61, a god in South India, and now, superstar Rajinikanth has taken over Bollywood fans, too. His latest film, Enthiran-The Robot, has broken all opening weekend sales recorded by any Bollywood film, ever. With box office collection worth a whopping R56 crore on its first weekend, the film has overshot the record set by Salman Khan’s Dabangg, by 17 per cent. Even in North India, where it’s mostly Bollywood films that have done well, the movie is a top grosser, beating Anjaani Anjaani, which released on the same day. “We didn’t expect such a great response in the North sector. We’re planning to increase the number of shows in Delhi this weekend — that’s how phenomenal the response has been,” says Shirish Handa of Fun Cinemas. Enthiran“Rajinikanth is now the baadshah of the box office, and the numbers prove it,” says trade analyst Taran Adarsh. “Robot has put him on an unmatchable level. His demand is growing both in North India and internationally.” It’s not just multiplexes that are raking in the moolah. Vishek Chauhan, owner of Roopbani theatre in Purnia, Bihar, insists that both the classes and the masses seem to love the actor in his latest avatar. “We’ve never witnessed something like this earlier. The shows remain full even on Mondays.” Till three years ago, Rajinikanth’s films would only take South India by storm. The turning point was Sivaji – The Boss (2007). Even the Tamil version was a hit in Mumbai. Now, Robot is repeating the success story like never before. “It’s not Batman or Superman, no blonde-haired, white-skinned super hero saving the world… he is our very own Chitti — one we can all relate to,” says film critic Anupama Chopra. Enthiran Domestic opening R56 crore, Worldwide opening R160 crore Dabangg Domestic opening R48 crore, Worldwide opening R90 crore 3 idiots Domestic opening R38 crore, Worldwide opening R90 crore My Name is Khan Domestic opening R30 crore, Worldwide opening R85 crore

Crazy Southies in NJ celebrating Rajni :--D rajini1.jpgrajini2.jpgrajini3.jpgrajini4.jpg spending $30!!!!! for a movie!!!! I guess you can afford that movie budget when your overall travel plans include ...going to work---coming back home --- going to meenakshi temple---going to balaji bhavan (wknds only) to eat dosa:finger:

I was fortunately saved from this madness with a european trip. its hell without english speakers around at times. but i prefer that any time of the day. i really dread the day i return! Last time i had to sit thru shivaji for making a cardinal mistake and could not leave the theatre despite 3rd degree torture. do i expect this movie to be any better?