Man Utd negotiating 2 week trial for Adu

Don

Re: Man Utd negotiating 2 week trial for Adu Dude, Freddy Adu is not even in the same league as Rooney and Ronaldo, let alone Lionel Messi !! He is just a product of the American hype-machine. Believe me; i've actually seen him play. Very ordinary player. He looks OK at youth level because he himself is a 24 year old with a 16 year old's birth-certificate - a dodgy African. Once he gets to top flight football his physical advantage won't count for anything. I'd say Argentina have the best young players in the world - even if you don't count Messi, which is saying something !! They have Fernando Gago (linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona) Daniel Bilos, Rodrigo Palacio (you saw him at the WC) and Gonzalo Higuain; River Plate's goal-machine. You will see most of them in Europe within the next 2 seasons.

Re: Man Utd negotiating 2 week trial for Adu

Real mardid have signed the new brazillian left back' date=' his name escapes me. The new Roberto Carlos apparently[/quote'] Some guy named Marcelo. He has played for Brazil already. I don't think Real Madrid will play him this season though - he will probably go out on loan and then return in the summer, at least that is what my sources tell me. He won't be guaranteed playing time though, since Roberto Carlos recently signed a contract extension himself...

Re: Man Utd negotiating 2 week trial for Adu Marcelo will replace Carlos I think. I don't think Carlos is favoured by Capello as his lack of defensive discipline does not sit well with Capello. Marcello is in the brazil team so no reason to think he will be loaned out. Suprised they have given extension to Carlos at his age and having signed a direct replacement.

Re: Man Utd negotiating 2 week trial for Adu Roberto Carlos is a decent defender, but his primary strength lies in his electric pace and acceleration. He is an asset when attacking down the left hand channel. Fabio Capello rates him very highly and he was the manager who brought him to the Bernabeu back in '96 when he took over at Real Madrid. I am reasonably certain that he also played a part in Roberto Carlos' decision to sign a contract extension...wouldn't have happened under any other manager. As for Marcelo, he has been unveiled by Real Madrid. He won't be playing in the first XI. Rumour has it that he will be playing for Real Madrid B in the Segunda. Report from Eurosport;

Real Madrid have described Brazilian defender Marcelo as "the future" of the club at his unveiling at the Santiago Bernabeu. The 18-year-old has joined from Fluminense on a six-year deal, and is seen as the long-term heir to Roberto Carlos at left-back. "He is strong in defence and very quick in attack which is why sports director Predrag Mijatovic was keen to sign him for Real," said club president Ramon Calderon. "He is the first part of our project for the future which will see us signing quality young players that will help to put us back on the road to success. "It is the board's plan to try and combine young players with experienced ones and to build on their contrasting qualities." The player said he was unfazed by the prospect of possibly having to start his career with Real in the youth ranks. Some reports have suggested that Marcelo may be asked to play with Real Madrid Castilla, who play in the Spanish second division, until June to help ease his adaptation to European football. "I have come here to help Real Madrid. I have come here to work hard and will work wherever they ask me to," Marcelo told a news conference. Real are also being linked with moves for Boca Juniors' 20-year-old midfielder Fernando Gago and River Plate's 18-year-old forward Gonzalo Higuain. Calderon said on Tuesday evening: "Gago and Higuain will come in January."
and here are the words, right from the horse's mouth. An INTERVIEW he did for Realmadrid.com
There's been some talk about you playing with Real Madrid Castilla until June. I've come here to help Real Madrid and I will do whatever they decide I have to do. How are you coping with the possibility of retiring Roberto Carlos? I've come here to help and to do my job. I will do whatever the Club has in stock for me. Are you ready to play in the Second Division? I'm waiting to play wherever Real Madrid requires me to. I've come here to work. I will be wherever they tell me to be.