CHE PUJARA is the real deal!

Again goes to show how valuable it is to have good domestic experience before making your debut,first it ws shown by Gauti and now hopefully Pujara will emulate Gauti in run making but teams from now will come out with a plan against him,and I hope Rahane is also given a oppurtunity soon

dont be too excited yet...Most Indian batsmen do well on Indian pitches..we can take many names like Ramesh' date=' Devang Gandhi, Vijay Bhardwaj, Rathore, WV Raman...the main thing is how he does overseas...Dont compare him to any batsmen right now, not even Khatmal, Khatmal has test century overseas[/quote'] He handles the bouncer very well and that is one thing which differentiates from other prospects .. if he can handle the bouncer well then he should be fine overseas
dont be too excited yet...Most Indian batsmen do well on Indian pitches..we can take many names like Ramesh' date=' Devang Gandhi, Vijay Bhardwaj, Rathore, WV Raman...the main thing is how he does overseas...Dont compare him to any batsmen right now, not even Khatmal, Khatmal has test century overseas[/quote'] This wasn't an easy pitch to bat on, not a typical subcontinent pitch. Also he played very aggressively taking on the bowlers, give the credit and respect where it is due.
dont be too excited yet...Most Indian batsmen do well on Indian pitches..we can take many names like Ramesh' date=' Devang Gandhi, Vijay Bhardwaj, Rathore, WV Raman...the main thing is how he does overseas...Dont compare him to any batsmen right now, not even Khatmal, Khatmal has test century overseas[/quote'] btw, Chota Khatmal won't be able to make it into Current Indian team as a batsman :--D what good of a batsman you are if you can't even make it into worlds best team ?
btw' date=' Chota Khatmal won't be able to make it into Current Indian team as a batsman :--D what good of a batsman you are if you can't even make it into worlds best team ?[/quote'] I am not saying Chota khatmal is a great batsman and can walk into any team...i just lets have Pujara a century overseas and play him a bit more then will see....

Indeed! Pujara looked confident, clever, composed and complete. He looked so much better than the settled Vijay that it had to be seen to be believed. It is easy to get excited at this confident batting performance. However, I would also want to see this lad handle some bounce and swing before putting him on the podium. If he can do as well outside India, then we just might have found a near-ideal replacement for one among our magnificent three! But we have to wait and watch. One thing is for sure....the likes of Yuvraj, Badrinath and even Raina could find it very difficult to break into this lineup. When Laxman comes back, I would still retain Pujara even though it might be unfair on Raina. However, with Dhoni at the helm, I fully expect Raina to retain his place.

Indeed! Pujara looked confident, clever, composed and complete. He looked so much better than the settled Vijay that it had to be seen to be believed. It is easy to get excited at this confident batting performance. However, I would also want to see this lad handle some bounce and swing before putting him on the podium. If he can do as well outside India, then we just might have found a near-ideal replacement for one among our magnificent three! But we have to wait and watch. One thing is for sure....the likes of Yuvraj, Badrinath and even Raina could find it very difficult to break into this lineup. When Laxman comes back, I would still retain Pujara even though it might be unfair on Raina. However, with Dhoni at the helm, I fully expect Raina to retain his place.
Badrinath too is a very good option for tests...how he handled the seaming condition in Durban in CL was appreciable....though age is not his side, but he still is much fitter and athletic than Yuvi and Rohit sharma and even Raina who has also put on a bit of weight........

Still remember dada's article after IPL 3

Cheteshwar Pujara seized the opportunity and played a magnificent knock. He did not let the pressure build at all. This is one guy, I believe, about whom we will hear a lot in the future. I have complete trust in his ability and feel sorry I have not been able to use him properly in the tournament, as we did not have the going smooth all the time.
:isalute:
What Wrong has Badri done? Played 3 innings' date=' scored a gritty 50 against the worlds Best Pace battery.[/quote'] yes, he should be in the contention too, though he is 29, but he still has 4-5 years of cricket in him, maybe more if he stays fit and do well in tests....He is at least better than Rohit Confused Sharma
dont be too excited yet...Most Indian batsmen do well on Indian pitches..we can take many names like Ramesh' date=' Devang Gandhi, Vijay Bhardwaj, Rathore, WV Raman...the main thing is how he does overseas...Dont compare him to any batsmen right now, not even Khatmal, Khatmal has test century overseas[/quote'] That means you don't have a clue about how difficult playing on a 5th day pitch in India is. Green lipstick will get whooped in the **** by Hilfy and co :giggle:
That means you don't have a clue about how difficult playing on a 5th day pitch in India is. Green lipstick will get whooped in the **** by Hilfy and co :giggle:
pressure of playing overseas in seaming and bouncy condition is something different...you cannot compare to this on Indian pitches...Aussie bowlers were just neutralized because of lack of pace and bounce from the pitch...though they did try hard and they could not use the old ball as well as Indians did in both the games and look I am not saying he didnt impress...he was very confident from the start and did well
pressure of playing overseas in seaming and bouncy condition is something different...you cannot compare to this on Indian pitches...Aussie bowlers were just neutralized because of lack of pace and bounce from the pitch...though they did try hard and they could not use the old ball as well as Indians did in both the games
Did you see that the odd ball was keeping low? And the ball was reversing - our batsmen made it look like it's flat patta. Remember the movement we got in the morning session? And he played a chanceless innigns here. I'm backing him to play 100 times better than khatmal on bouncy pitches. And I take insult comparing them on the long run, Pujara will pwn green lipstic walla.
Badrinath too is a very good option for tests...how he handled the seaming condition in Durban in CL was appreciable....though age is not his side' date=' but he still is much fitter and athletic than Yuvi and Rohit sharma and even Raina who has also put on a bit of weight........[/quote']
What Wrong has Badri done? Played 3 innings' date=' scored a gritty 50 against the worlds Best Pace battery.[/quote'] Well - as you guys know, I have spent quite some time discussing on this forum exactly why Badri cannot be dismissed and that we need a player like him to bolster our middle order and also build for the future. I just get the feeling that Pujara deserves to be higher in the pecking order right now given his confident performance. Like I said, I would still like to see him bat in tougher conditions and then form a rounded opinion. Badri has not done too much wrong. It is just that there may be somebody better. Keyword is 'may'.