'Returning to Tests my ultimate dream' : Yuvraj Singh

Feed

Yuvraj Singh is disappointed at being ignored for the Test squad for the upcoming series against New Zealand. What makes the left-hander even more upset is the fact that he doesn't think he's out of form. "It's really disappointing, but I can't do anything. I am not out of form," he said. More... 'Returning to Tests my ultimate dream' Sharad Deep, Hindustan Times Meerut, November 02, 2010 Yuvraj Singh is disappointed at being ignored for the Test squad for the upcoming series against New Zealand. What makes the left-hander even more upset is the fact that he doesn't think he's out of form. "It's really disappointing, but I can't do anything. I am not out of form," he said. Yuvraj would have been hopeful of making the cut after scoring a double century for Rest of India in the last month's Irani Trophy match. The selectors, however, persisted with Suresh Raina and Cheteshwar Pujara, who have done reasonably well so far. Even though Yuvraj has been at his best in the shorter formats, it's Test cricket he wants to return to and excel. "My ultimate dream is to return to Test as it's the ultimate form of cricket," he said on the sidelines of the UP-Punjab Ranji Trophy match. "I enjoy all forms of the game, but I like Test cricket the most as it gives you a real opportunity to display your skill, patience and calibre." The Punjab batsmen also asked youngsters to pay more attention to the longer format. "The youngsters should develop their individual style instead of copying someone else and play more day's cricket."