PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON

Sooda

Cech Ben Haim,Terry, Vidic, Gareth Barry Ronaldo, Scholes, Essien, Giggs Berbatov, Drogba A second 11... David James Matt Taylor, Rio F, Sol Campbell M G Pederson Arteta, Gerrard, Sidwell, Lennon Rooney, McCarthy

Re: PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON Giggs ? ROTFLMAO ...and why the hell is Berbatov there ? Cech hasn't even played for most of the season, so that automatically rules him out. Gerrard hasn't even been Liverpool's best player this season. Strange selection. I'll put mine out soon.

Re: PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON yeah Cech has been injured, but based on class alone he is the best prem Keeper. David james would be there if not him I guess. Maybe replace Gerrard with Lampard in that 2nd XI...cant think of any other central midfielders... As for Giggs he has been excellent this season. Class act.

Re: PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON Giggs ? Class act my f*cking @ss. You obviously haven't watched that many Manutd matches. Gerrard shouldn't even be in contention, period. You are only picking him on reputation. Good calls on Sidwell, McCarthy and Campbell though - they have been superb for most of the season.

Re: PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON GK; David James - remarkable shot stopper and played a huge role for Pompey in defence. Set record for most concecutive clean sheets at the start of the season. LB; Matthew Taylor - 8 goals for a defender ? OMFG. A constant threat on that left flank for Pompey, with a tremendous shot to boot. Scored one of the best goals of the season against Everton. CB; Sol Campbell - oh god, another Portsmouth player ? Can't fault Campbell's effort this season however; his towering presence has stifled many strikers at the Fratton this season and his influence has rubbed off on the likes of Primus and Taylor, both of whom have improved immensely with him leading the defence. Honorable mention to Ricardo Carvalho (who i strongly considered) but i plumbed for Campbell CB; Nemanja Vidic - while CRonaldo and Scholes take all the plaudits; he is there at the back putting in one sound performance after another, week in, week out. For years Manutd have struggled to fill the void left by Stam, but in Vidic they found themselves an able successor. RB; Steve Finnan - a key player for Liverpool this season; Finnan has played more minutes than anyone in the Liverpool XI with the exception of Reina and Gerrard...marauding down that right flank with those ever so accurate crosses. The most consistent right-back in the league. LM; Gareth Barry - a consistent performer all season long for Villa, scoring 8 goals this season and staking a claim for an England spot. A quality player standing out in an average mid-table side. CM; Michael Essien - a powerhouse. The heartbeat of the Chelsea midfield and arguably the most complete midfielder in the world. An option in either defence or attack, Essien's influence has been undeniable. Scored arguably the best goal of the season - a stunning equaliser vs Arsenal at the Bridge. CM; Paul Scholes - still good after all these years; he has vindicated Ferguson's faith in him with stellar performances throughout the season. Dictating the pace of the game, putting in those crucial tackles to break up play and impeccable distribution - Scholes has shown Manutd what they were missing last season with some brilliant performances. Scored a cracking first touch volley vs Villa away - another goal fo the season contender RM; Cristiano Ronaldo - who else ? Frighteningly good. The revelation of the season finally giving Manutd their money's worth and justifying the hype. Leaves defenders trailing in his wake, has incredible pace and acceleration to die for. The only way defenders could stop him all season long was by conceding a foul. 16 goals, 14 assists...one of the two contenders for player of the year. CF; Didier Drogba - another predictable choice. Scored many crucial goals in a tumultuous, injury-ridden season for Chelsea and was simply irresistable at times with his combination of power and close-control. Has become a better finisher in front of goal and grew in confidence as the season went on; amassing a tally of 18 goals - two of them being goal of the season contenders - vs Liverpool at home and Everton away. CF; Benny McCarthy - signed for a paltry ?2.5 mil, the South African has been the revelation of the season with 13 goals to his name thus far - 2nd only to Drogba and CRonaldo. A reliable finisher up front, he has come into his own and is doing the business in front of a Blackburn midfield lacking in creativity.

Re: PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON Taylor ok...good call, I did consider him. Finnan good call too, Ben Haim is defensively more sound IMHO, even if CB is his best position... Barry and NOT Giggs and left wing. Joke. Barry is good, I rate him, got him as left back...but he's no Giggs. Seriously its you who hasn't been watching Utd this season...Giggs has been a major influence, still got great touch and vision and bursts of skill and pace to beat any man... McCarthy started great but has tailed off ...Berbatovs contributions you cannot measure in goals alone, he's been so influential for Spurs...admittedly he has probably been better in Europe...but still more consistent over the season than McCarthy... Btw- PFA player of the year - as voted by the professional footballers themselves- the list off BBC sport- Ronaldo's team-mates Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are also nominated for the main award, as is Terry's colleague Drogba, along with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas. In short, I think you're the only one on the planet who thinks Giggs is NOT a class act. Ill be surprised if any critics teams of the year do not have Giggs on the left...

Cech hasn't even played for most of the season
He was out for three months. Thats not most of the season. And the difference he makes is clear...

Re: PREMIERSHIP TEAM OF THE SEASON PFA Premier League Team of the Year: Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)