Let's talk about your fav childhood games...

Nova

Now, I am not talking about cricket, football, basketball, etc...but the traditional or indigenous games played on the streets or the terrace of your house, and even indoors. Games which evoke good memories, requiring minimal expense but still very enjoyable and popular among kids of villages and cities. Have you played or witnessed someone else playing any of these? 1. Spinning Top (Bhaura) spinningtop.jpg I never figured out how to do it properly. The rope always used to slip. :phehehe: But what fun it was to see some guys going for the battle of the tops where one would try to spin the top as long as possible, and do some tricks too like spinning the top on the hands. 2. Marbles (Kanche) marbles-1.jpg Ah...the ubiquitous game! The small glass marbles came in different sizes and colors. Fill your pockets with them and run around, and the noise they used to make :--D. Remember trading them with your friends and recovering the loot after you won a game? There is even a World Marbles Championship now! 3. Gilli Danda gilli-danda-b1.jpg I never played this, but let me tell you...cricket and baseball has to be a spin-off from this :D. One talks about the sound of the willow, how about the sound of the danda when it hits the gilli? 4. Lagori lagori1.jpg Make a pile of flat stones and try to knock then down with the ball. While you try to pile up the knocked off stones again, the other team tries to hit you with the ball and get you out. So have you ever shouted "Lagoriiii...."? 5. Kite Flying KITE-FLYING-INDIA.jpg Let's go on the terrace and fly our kites. The big colorful kites and the abrasive string (manja). It was so fun with the sweets my mum used to make during Makar Sankranti, called Til Gul (Jaggery with sesame seeds). Our own Outsider's article on Patang baazi is a good read --> http://www.indiancricketfans.com/Blog//node/30 6. Kho Kho 2c86436cb0997f9619be56b8bc55_grande.jpg The touch and run game, still popular I believe, especially in Maharashtra. Yeah, there are many such games. Do you have any to share from your childhood or even now? I can remember a few more, but let's see what you can come up with. Does not have to be strictly outdoor, what about indoor board games..now that's sure to bring some memories!

mario contra monopoly life triopoly risk stock exchange lagori chor-police (with walkie talkies) saakli football basketball volleyball dodgeball trump cards (wwf/cricket) taboo scrabble trivial pirsuit name-place-animal-thing stone-paper-scissor metro-polo :megashock:

how about scrabble n monopoly n snakes n ladders n ludo n hide n seek
Yes used to play all of those. Still would like to Monopoly...that has to be my favorite board game. Monopoly Black verison. :cantstop: --> 80516957.jpg

tennis, and cricket and some badminton, table tennis Oh but thats not allowed in this thread...so lets see... Playing cards, Scrabble, Chess, Monopoly, Chinese Checkers Hide-and-Seek Name-Place-Animal-Thing Robber-Police Drama (we kids will own the screenplay :hysterical:)