Let's talk about your fav childhood games...

Nova

i was trying to recall childhood games and remembered all those girls in the parks and grounds holding each other's hands and going round and round and round :girl_wacko:
Aaku, Shivani ..did you run around in circles playing Ringa Ringa Roses? :P

Apart from waking up at 5-6am and playing cricket and soccer, here are some other games from childhood 1. Gallery : Dont think many would've played this game. It used to be very intense and fun. I'll try to explain it as follows. There are two teams red and green. The members of the green team must pass through the each 'box' level and then also make it back to the starting position without being tagged by the red team. The red team members can only move vertically/horizontally in the allocated 'gallery' space and not let the green team members pass through. This was a super duper hit in my neighborhood. gallery.jpg 2. Pithu Garam : I think this is like lagori just we used to call it Pithu Garam (since you hit the ball on the person's back -- pith=back , garam= hot) :hehe: 3. Khada 4. Kho kho (at school only) 5. Tag 6. Kite flying : once we built the string (dor) from very fine metallic wire and all the other kites were being cut by us. They didnt what what was going on lol. 7. marbles/bantey : it was exciting to to trade and loot the other person's cherished pieces. 8. Hide and seek : when the lights used to got out, all the kids would gather together and play hide and seek in a house that was under construction. Again very popular. The two words used were 'thapa' and 'ice pice' :laugh: 9. At home, we used to use books as racquets and play squash against the wall. 10. Long Jump : The park in our neighborhood was sandy so we used used run bare-footed and use the chappals as the 'marker'. After each round, the chappals were moved further. I used to beat all the kids who were 3-5 years older than me :proud: 11. Pen fighting: Usually played at school/home on a table. Each person has their own pen and you have to knock (flick using your fingers) the other pens off the table without knocking off yours. Last pen standing is the winner. 12. Didnt have a name for this. When new houses were being built and their foundations laid, we used them as trenches and used to play warfare throwing mud pies at each other. Quite fun. wow, those were the days :hail:

Dangnabbit, i haven't played half the games on here. Mine were the ones I mentioned, and Pillow Fights... by myself. Ya, I was Chiranjeevi, and one soft pillow was Radha, one hard pillow was the bad guy, and those cylindrical pillows were other sidekick goons. We had fights, sex scenes (no penetration, I hadn't caught on to that yet, I was 3, but only kissing and rubbing :dontknow:). I broke one bed with my fight scenes. They. Were. Brutal. I used to simulate the same thing with clips (the ones to hang clothes). There used to be those long clips (Chunky Pandey, Mithunda), fat, muscular chips were real good fighting villains, there used to be some curvy clips who were the femmes, and then there used to be this big badass clip with a serrated jaw that was the 'special villain'. Sometimes, I would use rubber-band for special fight scenes. I always knew how to keep myself entertained.
:cantstop: :hail: Flambai you are the real entertainer.Brilliant :)
I believe Gaurav will be able to give us the latest update on today's childhood games' date=' since he still playing them. :--D[/quote'] Well i wish i could bring those days back again Sreeram :((.Although i am not as old as most of you, but i hardly see anyone playing such games after attaining the age of 12.These days technology(Mobile Phones, Computers) have just smoked the indigenous games away, and we only find them in village now. When i see down from my window towards the society compound, i find children either just talking, or busy chatting on mobile phones, else i see empty ground.There has been a transition like Tutions, classes and the social networking sites, internet etc. etc. that has kept the children busy at home or at other places, but has surely kept them away from playing games like these.those days are vanishing :((

Well i wish i could bring those days back again Sreeram :((.Although i am not as old as most of you, but i hardly see anyone playing such games after attaining the age of 12.These days technology(Mobile Phones, Computers) have just smoked the indigenous games away, and we only find them in village now. When i see down from my window towards the society compound, i find children either just talking, or busy chatting on mobile phones, else i see empty ground.There has been a transition like Tutions, classes and the social networking sites, internet etc. etc. that has kept the children busy at home or at other places, but has surely kept them away from playing games like these.those days are vanishing :((
Great post Gaurav. That is what technology does to us. People sometimes spend more time online than engaging in outdoor activities. Culture and traditions change with time, so it is great to reminisce about the old days. Nostalgia has its own beauty..and this was the prime reason I made this thread.

Ooooo oooooo i used to play- oonch neeech ka papra :--D dog and the bone :dance: witch in the well :P
The papra game..is it related to food? papra..khakra..papad..like may be you had to compete in how many one can eat. :hmmm: I have no clue about other games too.

The papra game..is it related to food? papra..khakra..papad..like may be you had to compete in how many one can eat. :hmmm: I have no clue about other games too.
oonch neech ka papra,gadhey ney maara jhapraa.. oonch maangi neech ? :--D girly games nahi hai yeh :nono:

1. Gallery 9. At home, we used to use books as racquets and play squash against the wall.
Nice post Ludh. The gallery game sounds fun. Canadian version of Kabaddi..well not close but :cantstop: Yes, I used to play a version of indoor squash if you want to call it that. Bounce a table tennis ball against the wall using the TT racket. We just didn't have a table. :dontknow: You mentioning about the pen fights, I remember sketch pens and there was this really stupid game....now I am talking kindergarten, 1st (grade) stuff here, where one had to come to school with a spot drawn on the palm. dotgame.jpg If you forgot to draw it or the other person didn't guess it right, then one got a pinch or a slap. :haha: Another one which I now remember is the paper mache game, where one folded a paper and placed it on the two thumbs and fore fingers and then you could open and close it. Numbers and other things were written inside and I think one had to guess it right or something. This one---> paper-game.jpg Anyone know the proper name for this?