CL and UEFA Cup Finals

Predator_05

This is the thread where we can discuss the UEFA Cup final and the CL Final Sevilla play Espanyol in the UEFA in an all-Spanish affair (this will be an awesome match) at Hampden Park, Scotland and Milan will play Liverpool in a repeat of the '05 CL Final in Athens Predictions ? PS; I think Sevilla will storm the CL next season.

Re: CL and UEFA Cup Finals Find it difficult to get excited about the UEFA Cup, but hoping for a repeat of the 2005 final in Champion's League. What a final that was! Milan robbed at the altar by a resurgent Liverpool. Noticed Gattuso badmouthing the Merseysiders publicly today. Will he never learn?

Re: CL and UEFA Cup Finals You will like the UEFA Cup - any true football enthusiast enjoys good football, and the UEFA Cup final showcases some fantastic football. I remember being more entertained by UEFA Cup finals in recent years than CL Finals; which sometimes tend to be more dull by comparision, regardless of the prestige associated with them. Remember Liverpool's 5-4 victory in the '01 UEFA Cup ? Feyenoord's thrilling 3-2 win over Dortmund in '02 ? Mourinho's Porto beating brave Celtic 3-2 in ET back in '03 ? As for this season's CL - i think Milan will win it comfortably. They were the better side in '05 as well and dominated Liverpool in that first half. It was only a matter of 5 minutes which saw them lose the 3-0 lead and from that point on, they couldn't come back - although they certainly tried. Dudek's saves from Stam's header and Shevchenko one on one were incredible and forced the penalty shootout.

Re: CL and UEFA Cup Finals

Remember Liverpool's 5-4 victory in the '01 UEFA Cup ?
Heck, don't I? I watched it from a hotel room in San Francisco, stealing time from a conference session I was supposed to be attending. Great match.

Noticed Gattuso badmouthing the Merseysiders publicly today. Will he never learn?
Gattuso didn't say anything, it was that w anker Gerrard who made the snide comments ! See article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=VA02SRZ0GCDUNQFIQMFCFF4AVCBQYIV0?xml=/sport/2007/05/04/sfnwin04.xml Gerrard, who will meet Gattuso again in the May 23 European Cup final, used his autobiography to detail his anger with the Italian international. "He had a smirk on his face leaving the pitch at half-time,'' Gerrard wrote. "I saw it. F*** you. A couple of other Milan players waved at their fans and family. That disgusted me. OK, Milan were battering us, but you never behave like that to opponents. I was steaming as I arrived in the dressing room.'' Asked yesterday about Gerrard's accusations of Milanese triumphalism, Gattuso shrugged his shoulders and pleaded innocence. "No, we didn't do that at all,'' he insisted in decent English acquired from his days with Rangers. "It was wrong to say that. I am very happy Gerrard wants to say that about me to get me going. I now have 20 days to prepare to play against him again. "For me, it's not about Gattuso against Gerrard, despite what he said. For me, Gerrard is the best player in England. He is a technical player, who plays very hard and with his heart. He is a legend for his club and the best player they've got. "I have more respect for him because I remember that final in Istanbul. We had won it but then he played a great game and changed everything. "I watched him against Chelsea on Tuesday and he was amazing, unbelievable. I still say I have respect for him and like the way he plays. I am looking forward to playing him again and looking him in the eye before it starts. This will be a very important game for us both.'' Like a struggling Milan tailor, Gattuso may have his work cut out. Gerrard again: "I wasn't worried about Gattuso before the game, during the game, or after,'' the Liverpool captain wrote. "People rate the Italian for some reason. For me, he is all mouth. He looks aggressive, but he is as scary as a kitten. I swear I wouldn't mind playing against Gattuso every week. He doesn't hurt you. I have never seen Gattuso play a killer ball. He won't nick a goal either. Gattuso just plays for the fans - theatrical and emotional.''
Sounds to me like Gerrard is the one doing all the badmouthing. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

he is spot on.
AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso has launched a stinging attack on Liverpool's "long ball" tactics ahead of the Champions League final. Gattuso, 29, who played in the 2005 final defeat in Istanbul, dismissed Liverpool as an inferior side to semi-final opponents Manchester United. He said: "I feel there is a noticeable difference in talent between Manchester United and Liverpool. "Liverpool are like an Italian team of 10 years ago. Every ball a long ball." He added: "All they try to do is defend with everybody behind the ball and one striker. "United have far more technical players, who are quick and able to do things on the ball. Liverpool do not have those individuals." And Gattuso set his sights on revenge for 2005, when Liverpool came from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties. He said: "This final will be different - that I promise. It is important to put the record straight.
Apart from Gerrard, who really stands out, Manchester United have a far far better team/squad than what liverpool have.