English premier league V/s Spanish primera league

Cricketics

Re: English premier league V/s Spanish primera league A few seasons ago i would have voted in favour of Spain, but currently the Premiership is definitely the best league in the world. Three English were in the semi-finals of this season's Champions League - that tells me everything i need to know. Whereas in Spain, a lot of the top clubs have declined - Real Madrid and Valencia are no longer as good as they were, and Deportivo have fallen away. There is a resurgence coming through clubs like Sevilla, but the Premiership's top clubs have the best managers and the most money to spend

Re: English premier league V/s Spanish primera league i reckon spanish league is equally comppetitive as EPL is.. its just that EPL is presented in better way to tv audience and all then spanish league.. both leagues have gr8 amount of talent. soccer wayz both are equally competitive with world class players..

Re: English premier league V/s Spanish primera league All the money put in is beginning to count for the Premiership. Three of the four top clubs is owned by foreigners, who know a good thing when they see it. Glazer bought up United for $1.4 billion, Gillett & Hicks coughed up a cool $430 million for Liverpool, Abramovich acquired Chelsea for a snip at $218 million. Why even, last season's 17th placed Aston Villa has been bought up by American Randy Lerner for $142 million. Other less fancied clubs like West Ham, and Portsmouth (FFS!) are now in foreign hands. The revenues generated by the EPL is now at the same level as the NBA, although way behind the NFL. It is miles ahead of any other football league in the world in terms of revenue generated. But it is the popularity of the Premiership in Asia that has really unlocked the floodgates in terms of popularity, and inevitably, cash. At over $200 million annually, the Premiership dwarfs foreign earnings from all other leagues in Europe, and makes the $130 million generated by a behemoth like the NBA look like small change. The total revenue generated by the Premiership in 2005 was a cool $2.5 billion. Compare that with $1.65 billion for the Serie A, $1.5 billion for Bundesliga, $1.3 billion for the Piemera Liga, and $0.75 billion for Ligue 1 (French League), and you get an idea of what I am talking about. The average Premiership salary now stands at $1.4 million, and that of course, makes it the pied piper for the best talent in the world. Money talks.

Re: English premier league V/s Spanish primera league The Premiership is the most popular leaue in the world because it is ENGLISH. Simple as that. It is also marketed better than all the other leagues. PS; Dhondy, where did you get those figures from ?

Re: English premier league V/s Spanish primera league Surprisingly, the best attendances in European football are seen in the Bundesliga ! Sell-out crowds every weekend, terraced stadiums, availability of beer. and they witness little to no crowd trouble. A season ticket at the Allianz Arena (if you watch Bayern Munchen, not 1860) is just 120 Euros. Contrast that with a season ticket at Manutd or Chelsea - where you pay in excess of 700 pounds. Germany provides the ultimate football experience.