Mukesh Ambani's first electricity bill for his new house Antilla is 70 lakhs

ViruRulez

MUMBAI: Mukesh Ambani's Godzilla-sized home in Mumbai, Antilia, has just notched up another headline. In the one month since he moved in with wife Nita and their three children, the house has generated a power bill of Rs 70,69,488, Mumbai's highest residential electricity bill. According to the bill for the month of September, Antilia consumed 6,37,240 units of power. To put it in perspective, an average household equipped with all electronic amenities consumes 300 units per month. Ambani was, in fact, given a discount of Rs 48,354 for prompt payment, so the Rs 70 lakh quoted earlier is minus this amount. Experts say it's is roughly equivalent to the monthly power bill of 7,000 homes! All about bijli-paani basics, eh?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Mukesh-Ambanis-first-power-bill-in-Antilia-Rs70L/articleshow/6986001.cms Perhaps he is my most hated super-rich in the world due to his huge wastage of money and for not having contributed anything significant back to nation and humanity. But stupidity has still got a limit. A 70 lakhs power bill for a house sounds insane. If he was spending so much on his house he should have at least harnessed solar or other forms of energy instead of leeching the already scarce electricity of the nation. I am not sure how many thousands of homes would be going powerless due to electricity cuts for his foolishness. I thought stupidity also has a limit but it does not look so in this case. With that huge mansion and expenditure he should have used at least all new avenues and scientific methods to generate and preserve electrity. :doh:

70 lakhs/month? What does he have in there? :hysterical: As long his garangutan consumtion does not affect the other residents of Mumbai, I am perfectly fine with whatever he does. If anything, this is extra revenue to the state ex-chequer.

70 lakhs/month? What does he have in there? :hysterical: As long his garangutan consumtion does not affect the other residents of Mumbai, I am perfectly fine with whatever he does. If anything, this is extra revenue to the state ex-chequer.
His fat consumption does affect other ordinany citizens .Power shortage is real issue and they being Ambanis will not have any problems getting not just their share but every one elses too.This is seriously sick! Ulgy people with ugly hearts.

it just not his residence i believe he also has his office in the same building so part of the large bill could be attributed to that also privvate minitheatre and maintenance for his car collection .btw heard that the interiors of his house are total gujju outlandish to say the least.

His fat consumption does affect other ordinany citizens .Power shortage is real issue and they being Ambanis will not have any problems getting not just their share but every one elses too.This is seriously sick! Ulgy people with ugly hearts.
Come on Beets, that is quite harsh. The Reliance group employs 10 of 1000s of people, people who make their living by working in their companies. They probably do a lot of charity as well. That said, it is weird to see an uber-rich person choosing to indulge in such brazen display of wealth, especially in a city like Mumbai, that has one of the biggest slums in the world. What is the point of having such a ridiculous house? :dontknow:

He has got everything from car maintenance to hairdressing salons right inside. He even has a life-size garden on one of the top floors where there are big trees and an artificial sky. He could very well have produced his own electricity right inside instead of sharing the common man's right.

Come on Beets, that is quite harsh. The Reliance group employs 10 of 1000s of people, people who make their living by working in their companies. They probably do a lot of charity as well. That said, it is weird to see an uber-rich person choosing to indulge in such brazen display of wealth, especially in a city like Mumbai, that has one of the biggest slums in the world. What is the point of having such a ridiculous house? :dontknow:
Do you know how bad the power problem in India is?I don't live in mmbai but I can tell that in the NCR itself there are power cuts for as long as 12-14 hrs in summer.You can imagine what happens in the rest of the country.Why should someone get so much of a basic necessarity .And what is the worst part is that he could have easily made this a more eco friendly house.A fraction of the money could have been spent to produce electricity for running this monstrosity.Hell he could burn his money literally to produce his electricity for all I care. As for his group employing people.No doubt he does that but can he earn money without these people. If he could do without them...I bet he would have done that .