Mukesh Ambani's first electricity bill for his new house Antilla is 70 lakhs

ViruRulez

Shoba De described it as a 21st century Taj Mahal. Never has the Taj been insulted so badly! What is De famous for btw? Which of her books is actually worth reading?
^none. She's just another one of those over-hyped celebrities in our country who have an opinion on anything and everything.

Reliance Group not only employs thousands, many many middle class investors have made money buying and selling Reliance shares. Lot of them have been able to educate their sons and daughters, basically they have been able to do things because of reliance shares. otherwise they might have to borrow money. Anwaysy he build this house, I am sure when he built it gave thousands of workers jobs. I don't like Ambanis at all, Dhirubhai was different though, but I don't see why we should hate him for this. I am sure his refineries will be consuming more energy too, so is that bad? Regarding power shortages, well Reliance Group is one of the big corporation who have stakes in Energy and Power sector. They will change india's power situation with nuclear power being one of the area. And Radhika if NCR has frequent pwoer cuts, hwo can blame Ambani for that. He will be producing more power for india sooner than later. You should blame your state machinery.

Reliance Group not only employs thousands, many many middle class investors have made money buying and selling Reliance shares. Lot of them have been able to educate their sons and daughters, basically they have been able to do things because of reliance shares. otherwise they might have to borrow money. Anwaysy he build this house, I am sure when he built it gave thousands of workers jobs. I don't like Ambanis at all, Dhirubhai was different though, but I don't see why we should hate him for this. I am sure his refineries will be consuming more energy too, so is that bad? Regarding power shortages, well Reliance Group is one of the big corporation who have stakes in Energy and Power sector. They will change india's power situation with nuclear power being one of the area. And Radhika if NCR has frequent pwoer cuts, hwo can blame Ambani for that. He will be producing more power for india sooner than later. You should blame your state machinery.
Yes, yes we all get that. The discussion is not about the value of his companies, it is simply about this stupid house. First of all, it a colossal waste of resources to build a residence for 4 people at the expense of $2B. No other person/family even comes close. Typically in large houses with minimal occupancy, the resource wastage is enormous and in this case it is ginormous. Yes, it is none of our business, but we all still like to give our opinion anyways. :hehe:

Yes, yes we all get that. The discussion is not about the value of his companies, it is simply about this stupid house. First of all, it a colossal waste of resources to build a residence for 4 people at the expense of $2B. No other person/family even comes close. Typically in large houses with minimal occupancy, the resource wastage is enormous and in this case it is ginormous. Yes, it is none of our business, but we all still like to give our opinion anyways. :hehe:
Exactly, he gives employment to the people because he needs to do that. However, that does not mean it can hide the fact he takes away some daily neccessity like electricity from them.

Thats how 2Billion dollars mansions is suppose to look like. Because nobody ever built one. Few million dollars mansions are those that are found in every neighbourhood corner these days. You think Ambani wanted to build those kind of "mansions" or wanted to stand out and be different? :giggle: The building is pretty awesome since he not only had to make space in a small area and but also have room, and only way was to go up, otherwise if he built a regular building it would have looked like a regular office building. Amazing design, features and content he managed in that small space of land.(not exactly small, but small by his standards)

And the outside design :puke:
How else should he have built it? Should he have gone with "unique" rectangular prism style chunk of block you see everytday? Theres even a motive to the design of the building, which tries to gain the ideology of the 'garden of eden'

How else should he have built it? Should he have gone with "unique" rectangular prism style chunk of block you see everytday? Theres even a motive to the design of the building, which tries to gain the ideology of the 'garden of eden'
Garden of eden had the spirit of a bookshelf :blink:

There are tons of exquisite buildings all over the world that do not follow the rectangular block style that you talk of. Unfortunately this abomination will be part of the city's skyline... sticking out like a sore thumb in an already ugly city.

Power shortage is not just in NCR but most parts of the country including Mumbai.My point is why should someone get to use so much of it while others don't get what is their basic requirement.Electricity is a basic reqirement for people .Specially since he could easily have generated his own for his taj mahal and spared some for others.

Cop seizes student's phone for clicking Ambani home Mumbai: Even though Mukesh Ambani has built a mansion that has become the latest Mumbai landmark, clicking a picture of it for posterity may well land you in trouble. Fourth-year law student Dharmin Sampat from Ghatkopar (E) learnt this lesson the hard way when an alert policeman caught him doing so and wanted to take him to his superiors for questioning. According to Sampat, he had partially rolled down the window of his car to click pictures when a policeman thought his behaviour was suspicious and approached him. "I had clicked the first shot and was attempting to click another when a policeman in uniform came close to my car and asked 'Idhar kya kar raha hai'. I thought he was objecting to the tinted windows," Sampat said. "But before I could clarify, he said, 'Photo kyon kheech raha hai, photo kheechna mana hai' and took the mobile phone from me. I tried to persuade him, but he was adamant and kept insisting that I should accompany him to his superior, pointing towards a police van parked nearby," he added. "I was shocked. There was no notice board which said photography was prohibited," Sampat recalled. He claimed that the policeman asked for a bribe initially but then returned his cellphone and let him go after a lot of begging and cajoling. "The constable was co-operative and did not take me to his superior, he left the place soon after," he said. Justifying his decision to click pictures of Antilia, Sampat said the images would have helped his friends, who are doing a course in architecture. "I have read that Antilia is one of the most architecturally sound structures in the country. I thought my friends would be interested in learning about it. But now, I have cautioned my friends against clicking pictures of it and have decided not to repeat the mistake myself as well," he said. Asked whether he had taken down any details of the policeman, Sampat said the thought didn't strike him as he was caught by a policeman for the first time and was scared. A local said that the entire stretch of Altamount Road has a strong police bandobast even on normal days as the Japanese, South African, Indonesian and Belgian consulates are in the vicinity. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone) Anil Khumbare said, "The incident shows that our policemen were alert. Anybody found moving or acting in a suspicious manner is bound to be questioned, there is nothing wrong in it." Representatives from Mukesh Ambani's office could not be reached for comment. Antilia has the distinction of being the world's first billion-dollar home and took nearly four years to complete. Nita Ambani reportedly wanted to ensure that no two floors are alike in either plans or materials used and, thus, a particular type of wood used on the 16th floor, for example, has not been used again in any other floor. Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/cop-seizes-students-phone-for-clicking-ambani-home-69508?cp