Most pointless family picture of the year

King

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year It was a hypothetical question. Just like this one:

t is because they have been drilled when young tht only disgusting women wear modern clothes....
What about western women in who's minds it has been drilled from an early age that wearing a veil is disgusting and that they should avoid it? Would that also contravene the unofficial 'freedom to wear' law?

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year western women dont find it disgusting, but appaling tht women's fredom is being dominated in such a way.... Like Aqua mentioned, she thinks only disgusting women wear revealing clothes, without realising, tht she will not be disgusting if she CHOOSES what she can wear and will not be called disgusting...

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Appalling to such an extent that they find it disgusting that women in the middle east and other places dress like this. So in a way, these western women have been brainwashed too. Ok. What about a western woman who converts to Islam and dons the veil?

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year No gambit, Appalled at freedom lost, is different from disgust for an attire.... I have never seen anyone disgusted by Burqas, bu tprolly disgusted by the idea behind it viz protecting the meat from the cats... if a western woman converts to Islam, i will not have disgust, she will have my sympathy...

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Yoda, Saree was not imposed on women to cover meat from cats... wrong analogy... traditional clothes are different from snatching freedom... infact, by various accounts, saree is one of the most sexy attires that can highlight ur assets, at the same time, hide ur flaws...

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year It is all relative. If you ask a western woman, she will prolly say sari is quite archaic and oppressive, especially the ones worn by the older gen and those in rural areas. I am not talking the skimpy ones worn by bollywood. Like I said, to each religion it's own, as long it doesn't infringe upon others.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year

Yoda, Saree will be oppressive only when it is imposed...
It is very much imposed in some parts of India. Not every Indian girl can wear a salwar or a pair of jeans or a mini skirt. Of course I am talking about suburban and rural India. It won't be imposed by the priests, but rather by parents and the local society.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year At some level all clothes are imposed by the society and environment. If you work at a financial institution you have to wear business suits, if you work in an IT firm the same will look out of place and business casuals are the norm, if you are in academia you'll come across as the biggest moron walking in wearing an Armani suit. There are certain norms of every society and environment which all comply with.

if a western woman converts to Islam' date=' i will not have disgust, she will have my sympathy...[/quote'] sympathy for what?? i do know a german lady who turned muslim... and shes pretty decent.. she says that she used to where mini skirts, etc, etc... now she repents on it... Thats fine too... now shes sooo much more religious than me... And not only that, talking abt clothing, my dad says i can wear anything, and believe me, i used to wear all sorts of things ranging frm minis to sleeveless... I feel naked in that.. i think it finally comes down to what you feel most comfy and 'wearing something' in...

you guys are just trying to be PC' date=' god knows for what.... cant believe, u guys cannot see the difference between norms/tradition versus, "cat and the meat" kinda hypocrisy....[/quote'] I dont agree or subscribe to the "cat and meat" theory but the fact is that many Muslim women feel comfortable wearing burqas because of their upbringing and culture rather than any safety from the society a burqa provides.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year My :twocents: In my view (which have nothing to do with religion or culture) 1)A veil,burqa ghoonghat what ever you call it reduces a woman to a body ...just a sexual being ....Can'r accept the argument put up by women that it gives them dignity or whatever.It just means that these women do not think of themselves as humans ...just female bodies. 2)The argument that it signifies modesty is so offensive to other women.....which means all others are immodest .I can accept the argument that it is a cultural thingyy....that it is a traditional outfit but the moment you say you are a better woman for wearing it ...you start offending others. 3) It offends me(as it can offend many decent men) that a woman needs to cover up in front of me or needs to protect herself from me or the other decent people around her.....It suggests that everyone other than the wearer is indecent and has no morals. 4) It definitely is a "stay off "signal ... 5) and i don't understand why everytime some one has a view on this the counter argument is about bikini wearing women...how many bikini wearing women do you see on the streets ......why should you look for extremes to justify an argument .

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year >>> Take me for an example, i wear loose clothing but i still wear shirts and pants... plus head scarf, and im actually respected cos they know that im definitely not the type of 'disgusting' girl... Also, the curvy figure of women are not to be exposed, and there is also a very good reason for this, the amount of sexual assualts on women nowadays are horrifying!! This is where my objection lies...I don't feel the need to cover my head .......does that make me a disgusting woman.Wear what you want ....but why judge others....?If some women don't want to exercise their rights ...thats their option...don't judge others who do.Its like not voting in elections and justifying it by saying it is not right to vote. As for the curvy woman.....you think wearing a loose fitting outfit helps....i don't think so. Most men in the world are decent people and the ones who have wild imagination are not everse to imagining about the hidden ones..... Besides what is wrong with looking attractive.....and nothing wrong in men admiring the way you look ....if God wanted us to look unattractive ...he would have sent us in drums not our nice bodies.Any woman(or person) who says she doesn't want to look nice is either lying or abnormal.