Hatsoff to Robelinda

b555

Nice ones Robe!!! Thank you for taking me down nostalgia lane... jes loved it! loved it! and loved it even more! :--D Keep 'em coming...and in true netizen etiquette, wtf are the ones of Kapsy swaying Patrick Patterson and WI so badly in 1987 that Viv was begging the ump to allow him to place more than 7 fielders on the On side?? When are you gonna post those, mate? LOL! jes kidding...but if u do have that one it'd be great

Guys, I am not sure that was Sachin's first ODI runs...it was his second ODI series though. The match being shown was played in the first week of March (or last week of Feb) in 1990. This was the last time kapsy scored more than 45 runs in an ODI. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and watched it on DD...Kapsy made 47...he got to 47 from 41 with a six off Danny Morrison and then the next ball similar shot...camera pans out...I am celebrating a Kapsy 50...then I realize he is caught at mid-on. I clearly remember in this game 4 Indians got out on 36 including Buddha...remember Kapsy guiding him and patting him on his head when he hit fours and all. That match was decided on the very last ball...2 runs to win...battle of the ARs...Hadlee facing Kapsy....bowled!!!!! I think, if I am not mistaken, that was the last time Kapsy won a MoM in an ODI. Sachin's first ODI runs came against Pak...he had already played 3 ODIs by then...should have been 4 but the first one was called an "exhibition" match and robbed him off a record. This is the same match, at the end of which a young Indian boy wonder called up his friend later that night to tell him, "Kambliya, mee aaz Abdul Qadir la tilli deeli!" Quiz time folks...who said this to whom and for what?

Robelinda,I don't know why you rarely respond to my doubts,requests posted in your Channel or on the Video comments section in Youtube,although I've always been polite to you. And you never acknowledged any compliment from me. :( :frown:
Apologies, sometimes I get literally hundreds of comments per day, and by the time I see them on my channel they are 5 pages back!