ICF photography thread

zen

Thanks guys! @underscore .... The T1i is pretty good to start out with. Any DSLR would give you a better control over exposure than P&S. Once you have that you could start shooting in Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority modes. If you have budget, may be you could invest in a flash like the Canon 430 EX2 and then get a prime .... When you get the camera, I am expecting you to post a few shots taken from it here soon!!! @b555 .... excellent shots! Makes me feel like I am at the Fort! .... Btw, the basic camera that you have has a tiny sensor, which means that you get a nice dept of field where most things from front to back are sharp. This helps in landscapes shots like yours when you want everything to look sharp. The limitation of a basic camera is felt when shooting in low light, when you want total control over how you want to expose and when isolating the subject, i.e. for pics where you have the subject in focus with the background blurred. For taking pics like you took of the Fort, you shouldn't worry about your camera being basic.