'Umpire Davis was drunk on eve of 2nd Test' : SA players

saneindian

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/umpire-davis-was-drunk-on-eve-of-2nd-test/52860-13.html South African cricketers have alleged that they spotted umpire Steve Davis drunk on the eve of India's series-levelling Durban Test and are now mulling lodging a complaint against the Australian who controversially ruled AB de Villiers out in the hosts' second innings. The Proteas reportedly saw the 58-year-old umpire "in a drunken condition" at the Umhlanga hotel where both teams and match officials had stayed during the Durban Test. Sources in the Proteas camp, on condition of anonymity, told the Afrikaans daily Beeld that Davis was regularly seen in a particular bar over the past week. They said he was also seen stumbling into the Sandton hotel in the early hours of the morning during the first Test in Centurion last week. Proteas team manager, Mohammed Moosajee, referred the daily's query to Vincent van der Bijl, head of the ICC referees Panel, who said he was aware of the "stunning" allegations but declined to comment on whether Davis would face any disciplinary action. "There are established procedures to be followed and (any action) can only occur as soon as we receive an official complaint," Van der Bijl said. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What a bunch of sore losers.

We need to really beat them at Newlands and end this whole nonsense. This tour is going to get nasty and we should be ready for it. I am fairly certain that they are going to let loose the dogs on us in the next game with a massive bouncer barrage.

And there are bastards all over the world who complain about India *****ing about Umpires. Just 2 out of which 1 was marginal -- which probably did not impact the end result of the game. What are we supposed to say about 3 to 4 Catches Being Not given in a span of 2 hours on the last day -- and I am not even discussing LBWs which were not given.

is there an ICC code which says umpires cant be drunk the night before game ? i drink on sunday night before i goto work
I drink during Lunch on Work Days (Like I did yesterday :winky:) -- and still am able to do a competent enough job (have not been fired as of yet :winky:) It also depends how you define as "drunk"?