IPL mega auction 2011 - live thread

SachDan

I wouldn't mind catching part of the action, just to see how much tamasha our BCCI babus can manage to display. :giggle: I have seen bits and pieces of the US NBA and NFL player drafts and would be interesting to compare and contrast.

I am looking forward to paki players finding no takers. If they do' date=' I wont watch or follow the IPL.[/quote'] Seriously, are they part of the auctioned players? I thought they are not the Part of auction this year.

It was quite obvious that the BCCI/IPL did not want the Pakistani players in the IPL right from season 2 in South Africa. Last year, they were in the auction pool but no franchise picked them due to a mutual decision beforehand most likely. This year, they could not have been more blatant about their intentions and removed them totally out of the auction process. Btw, last year's auction was broadcast on youtube... I dont think we can see it there this time around or can we? And when does it start? In about 6-7 hours?

ok' date=' then look for links like the rest of us. :icflove:[/quote'] I asked the admin of cricket-365 if they will be telecasting sony max, but that jabroni didn't care to reply :whack: BTW, I remember watching last year's auction on NDTV but that was when there were fewer broads (70?) on sale. I'm not sure if they will telecast an auction that would run for 9hrs. Maybe, they would for the first hour or so.

IPL 2011 : The auction circus The long and the short of it On Jan 8 & Jan 9; 11.00a.m to 6.00 pm 10 IPL Teams : Each franchise can have on its books a maximum of 30 players including no more than ten overseas players. Finance: Each franchise has an auction purse of $9 million, less what they have already spent on retaining players. 305 overseas cricketers will battle for 95 foreign slots 48 Indians for 200+ slots 27 Top bracket (Marquee) players to be auctioned first AB de Villiers, Tillkaratne Dilshan, Gautam Gambhir, Mahela Jayawardene, Zaheer Khan, Yusuf Pathan, Kevin Pietersen, Yuvraj Singh, Ross Taylor, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, Adam Gilchrist, Kumar Sangakkara, Rohit Sharma, Graeme Smith, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White, Johan Botha, Chris Gayle, VVS Laxman, Brendon McCullum, Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Robin Uthappa Daniel Vettori. Let the circus begin :cheer:

indian players are expected to go for higher bids than their foreign counterparts primarily due to the demand-supply imbalance 305 overseas cricketers will battle for 95 foreign slots 48 Indians for 200+ slots Indian players are guaranteed to feature for the entire tournament plus they fill 7 slots in the playing 11. So most team will look for bagging the best indians out there (who arent that many) and possibly pump in a lesser amount of money for bagging foreing players who are available in larger numbers. And since you could possibly play only 4 foreign players at once, the scramble for that top foreign player may not not be as much as for an Indian player. But you would never really know would you? If I were a franchise owner i would go hell for leather after Yusuf Pathan and possibly Uttappa :hmmm: The irritating bit about T20 is that you are never too sure who would perform and who would fail and so you wouldnt be sure if u should go all out to bag a particular player