Namma Namma Team Thread

flamy

No support for :brc: from me. What an alaltopi team is this. Basically Mallya has pocketted all million and is being a petty miser not to get the karnataka stars in the team. IPL III team which reached CL Semis is the best performance we will ever get to in IPL history. Basturd Mallya. I might as well Phistle podu this year....

No support for :brc: from me. What an alaltopi team is this. Basically Mallya has pocketted all million and is being a petty miser not to get the karnataka stars in the team. IPL III team which reached CL Semis is the best performance we will ever get to in IPL history. Basturd Mallya. I might as well Phistle podu this year....
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

Much better team this time 'round. Sad to lose out on Dravid and Rossco tho :((
They gave up ZK after the first IPL and buy him again for 900k. Kaif is bought for 150k. How can they think about rebuilding a team instead of having the core team in place. Doesn't make sense. Wonder who has been advising Mallya

Mallaya high on his cheap liquor says: ---------------------------------------------------------------- India's former captain Sourav Ganguly [ Images ] had to endure the ultimate humiliation of not being sold at the 2011 Indian Premier League [ Images ] Players' Auction, but his successor Rahul Dravid [ Images ] managed to make the cut. His beloved fans in Bangalore, though, will be disappointed that their team Royal Challengers [ Images ] Bangalore could sign on the veteran right-hander. Bangalore owner Vijay Mallya [ Images ] pointed out that though he had the highest respect for India's second-most successful Test batsman, their policy of recruiting youngsters had come in the way of getting senior pro Dravid in their ranks. The right-hander was snapped up by 2008 champions Rajasthan Royals [ Images ] for $500,000. "I have known Rahul as a little boy because as you probably know his father worked for the UB Group. I have a lot of affection for him and the greatest of respect towards his cricketing achievements. This time, after having had an experience of the IPL for three years, we consciously decided we want a young team. We made that decision and we were ready to live with the consequences of that decision. If you see all our players are youngsters and we probably have the youngest team in the entire IPL," he said. It is not clear what the business tycoon means by a "young team" since seven out of his 15 signings at the auction are aged above 30 -- Zaheer Khan [ Images ] (32 years), Tillakaratne Dilshan [ Images ] (34), Daniel Vettori [ Images ] (31), Charl Langeveldt (36), Johan van der Wath (32), Dirk Nannes [ Images ] (34) and Mohammad Kaif. Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid"I am glad that Rajasthan bid for Rahul and I wish him all the luck. But then conversely, you also have to acknowledge that Ganguly, Lara, Gayle they are all top class cricketers of a particular era but nobody bid for them so that tells you something. "So no disrespect to anyone of them, no disrespect to Rahul in particular. I am full of admiration for Rahul, it just that we needed to follow our strategy of building a young team and at the end of the day I could say maybe I could not afford it," he added. Mallya pointed out that former India and RCB captain Anil Kumble [ Images ] had played a major role in all their purchases. Kumble shows :finger: to Dravid! "We were given inputs by none other than Anil Kumble, who is now the chief mentor of the team and works with us full time on RCB. He is such a legend and such a competent person in his own right. No wonder he is chairman of the National Cricket Academy. The fact is that he took it upon himself to say that he would groom these youngsters. I just don't look at them for 2011 but I look at them for 2012," Mallya said. "I believe that after that we have an option to retain them for 2013 and that is what trying to build because that ensures consistency. So it was for that reason and also that the players we wanted went for such high prices that we almost ran out of cash. The bottom line is that we made a few last minute bids today and I think I have the least amount of cash left, just about enough for uncapped Karnataka [ Images ] players," he added. He also declined to reveal on whom they plan to select as the captain. "We could choose anyone as the captain. We have Daniel Vettori and a few others. I leave that to Anil Kumble and he will decide on this matter," he said. Harish Kotian in Bangalore ----------------------------------------------------------------