Sahara Pune Warriors - Team Thread

Ranjha

Smith Pandey/Khadiwale Ferguson/Paine/Jessie yuvi Uthappa(WK) Angelo Kedar Jadhav/Khadiwale Parnell Shrikant Wagh/Mundhe Karthik Nehra
I would send Pandey a bit down and send Smith and Ryder to open instead followed by UV and Angelo and then Pandey .. bowling is a bit weak compared to batting ... bowling is filled with mediocre bowlers but batting is very good

According to this article, Pune Warriors are eying MI's DY Patil stadium http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/Pune-Warriors-eyeing-stadium-in-MI-haunt/articleshow/7280289.cms I find this so hilarious, DYP is in Navi Mumbai on the other side of the express highway. If that happens, MI play at Brabourne. What has happened to their own stadium?? This is a disturbing development. Next thing you know, Punjab Kings XI will make a request to play all their matches in Guwahati and so on. :P

^ MI will play at Wankhede. Pune stadium is crap. Don't see anything wrong in them playing at a better stadium till they can renovate their own.
Yes, Wankhede it will be. Right you are. There isn't anything wrong per se. But playing at DYP won't be a home game. The Puneites may not find it very convenient. That express highway takes 1.5 hours to cross (normal driving) and 2.5 hours (Mariyam driving). After a game that gets over at midnight, these guys will be home only by 2-2:30am. Thats not fun for the average spectator. If I remember right, Pune has two stadiums. One in which Kenya beat the WIndies in the 96 WC. And another newly built stadium. Are none of them in serviceable shape?? Shouldn't this be a criteria if you are going to grant Pune an IPL team of their own? Thats a point to ponder.

^ MI will play at Wankhede. Pune stadium is crap. Don't see anything wrong in them playing at a better stadium till they can renovate their own.
I think they will also have some matches in DY Patil stadium navi Mumbai...the most beautiful stadium in India