Why Sachin will finally win the WC!!

zen

Talking about trends and possible patterns, one thing that Ind has to guard against is: In the two previous WCs in the subcon, this is how Ind did: 1987 ----> KO in semis 1996 ----> KO in semis If I am not wrong, in both those semis Ind managed to mess things for itself. This time a semi place seems likely but we need to pull our top game this time around. May be it could turn out to be a case of being 3rd time lucky! :--D One possible way to buck the trend of messing in the semis of WC in subcon is to may be play Pak in the semis and hope that we beat them like usual at the WCs. This would not only maintain our tradition of beating Pak in the worldcups but also may it the case of being 3rd time lucky!! :yay:

:two_thumbs_up: you have to love the fans and their optimism i remember a BD poster once wrote either here on on cricinfo Final 1999 - Aus - Pak Final 2003 - Aus - Ind Final 2007 - Aus - SL Final 2011 - Aus - Bangla
But that trend implies that Aus will win the WC :P
Talking about trends and possible patterns, one thing that Ind has to guard against is: In the two previous WCs in the subcon, this is how Ind did: 1987 ----> KO in semis 1996 ----> KO in semis If I am not wrong, in both those semis Ind managed to mess things for itself. This time a semi place seems likely but we need to pull our top game this time around. May be it could turn out to be a case of being 3rd time lucky! :--D One possible way to buck the trend of messing in the semis of WC in subcon is to may be play Pak in the semis and hope that we beat them like usual at the WCs. This would not only maintain our tradition of beating Pak in the worldcups but also may it the case of being 3rd time lucky!! :yay:
The trick will be to win the toss in the semis and then bat first. We lost those two semis chasing :--D
The trick will be to win the toss in the semis and then bat first. We lost those two semis chasing :--D
I am not sure about winning the toss though! .... In 1996, we won the toss but Azhar and company (the management) decided to field on a pitch that had the trend of becoming difficult for batting as the game progressed as they were wary of SL ability to chase targerts .... I don't recall what happened in 1987 but won't be surprised if Kapil won the toss too
I am not sure about winning the toss though! .... In 1996' date=' we won the toss but Azhar and company (the management) decided to field on a pitch that had the trend of becoming difficult for batting as the game progressed as they were wary of SL ability to chase targerts .... I don't recall what happened in 1987 but won't be surprised if Kapil won the toss too[/quote'] In 96, the curator had clearly told Azhar that the pitch is going to turn square in the second innings so please bat first. Sri Lankans had so many part time spinners. Yet he chose to bowl first