VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU )

indistani

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) if all the conversations in the middle are made available I'm sure there will be few Pakistanis under the 'animals' category MP? what I heard of Afridi and Shoaib during India-Pak test wasn't too far from gibbs comments.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU )

I am glad he got banned because on field the players are not suppose to behave like 'animals'.
I am sure u must be one of the most vocal supporter of Inzi's mad rush lilke a tribal gorilla in Toronto

I am glad he got banned because on field the players are not suppose to behave like 'animals'.
I am sure u must be one of the most vocal supporter of Inzi's mad rush lilke a tribal gorilla in Toronto
That was shameful,he should have been banned for at least 10 test matches.

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) Is that all that was said? Too much drama! He did not even call them P@ki. I thought he might have called them "brown N" or something similar. This is not worth any ban! That also when he is telling the truth :lmao:

"F****** animals" and "F****** Pakistanis" aint racist. Too much drama yes.
I don't know man it could be racists towards the animals. I bet animals don't like being lumped with Pakistanis :lmao:

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) Nobody condones what Gibbs said, and GKD's comments above were even worse, but it's amazing how Pakistani fans are completely oblivious to the other side of the argument. For them, it's always Pakistan that's the sufferer, the other party is guilty, and they, Pakistani fans or the team, hold the moral high ground. There's no middle ground. Plenty of fans behave like boors in their own backyards- take Indians and West Indians for example. But Pakistani fans go one step ahead. They probably feel it's some sort of jihad to behave as they do on foreign shores. Hence, they throw fireworks on the pitch when a game's on (Trent Bridge 2001), invade the ground and injure stewards (Headingley 2001), and make monkey noises and hurl abuses at coloured and Jewish opposition players (Centurion 2007). Yet, when somebody calls them uncivilised, they go all teary eyed and demand retribution from big brother. Oh, my heart cries for them.

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) Agree with you Dhondy, Gibbs should be reprimanded, but the Anti-Semitic racist statements from the Pak. crowd against Harris should also be part of the debate--this little factoid is being forgotten. Players should not show racisim, .... but the crowd can?!?!? :doh:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) Well anti-semitism is nothing for these folks don't trust me just subscrbe to any of the BS channel coming from mid-east, and mid-east is father-land of these folks

but it's amazing how Pakistani fans are completely oblivious to the other side of the argument. For them, it's always Pakistan that's the sufferer, the other party is guilty, and they, Pakistani fans or the team, hold the moral high ground. There's no middle ground. Plenty of fans behave like boors in their own backyards- take Indians and West Indians for example. But Pakistani fans go one step ahead. They probably feel it's some sort of jihad to behave as they do on foreign shores. Hence, they throw fireworks on the pitch when a game's on (Trent Bridge 2001), invade the ground and injure stewards (Headingley 2001), and make monkey noises and hurl abuses at coloured and Jewish opposition players (Centurion 2007). Yet, when somebody calls them uncivilised, they go all teary eyed and demand retribution from big brother. Oh, my heart cries for them.
You got that right... we are totally uncivilized and should learn to behave by watching the videos of the 1996 world semi final and the 1999 Kolkata test match...what an exemplary behavior that was, eh? I am also glad to hear that you traveled all the way to SA just to hear exactly what the PAK fans said at their Jewish opposition.... i guess that's your way of Jihad so good luck in your mission.

MP ... the honorable Doc does not say follow those incidents you mention as exemplary behavior nor does anyone.
Making a comment like this one "They probably feel it's some sort of jihad to behave as they do on foreign shores."..... is nothing short of pathetic! I am sure that your honorable doc is knowledgeable enough to know the meaning of the word Jihad and where it should and should not be used. Secondly if he thinks that running out on to the field was uncivilized then why doesn't he mention about all the bottles thrown on to the field and how the Kolkata crowd didn't even allow the match to finish? Shouldn't that be right up there as the best example of uncivilized behavior?
Neither did you. But common sense says (and a whole bunch of media reports) say exactly what Doc is saying ....
Show me where it has been reported that the PAK fans made anit-Jewish comments? The fans have claimed that they were only mocking Harris by saying that Paul Adams was a better spinner and to that Harris responded "i don't give a f**k about what you think". So now who said what is a mere speculation... the only thing that we know for sure is that Gibbs made racial comments which were heard by everybody and that right there is unacceptable for a professional athlete.

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) MP, I began my post by saying that certain fans behave as boors in their backyard, and singled out the Indians and the West Indians, didn't I? The use of the word jihad was perhaps unfortunate, but highlights the fact that Pakistani fans are at their worst when they are on alien shores, as if they have a point to make. What point? Well, it could be that they believe in making some sort of statement on behalf of their nation or faith, when the glare of cameras is on them? Remember how some of them called Sajid Mahmood a traitor on English soil, and constantly hectored him for the heinous crime of representing his country? Strong word, that, and clearly shows deep rooted, unresolved issues among Pakistanis living abroad. Finally, I never said that the fans made anti-semitic statements. I said that they singled out Jewish and black players for ridicule. (Ntini had a flag thrown at him) I wonder why? And you really believe the tepid version of events from the fans ejected from the ground? I am sure you are not that naive.

Re: VIDEO: Gibbs Racist Comments ( Posted on CVU ) Dhondy are you also naive enough to believe comments made by Graeme Smith et al to try and get their own boy let off the hook?

The press says that the Pakistani fans who were escourted out of the stadium were drunk. I saw the incident and those guys were sober. I did not see a single Pakistani fan consuming alcohol. Most of the Protea fans were consuming alcohol throughout the day. Yes some Pakistani fans were poking fun at Harris but that was for his fielding. Harris actually does look comical in a team of brilliant fielders. Besides all the Harris jokes were made in urdu. Harris did not enjoy being laughed at. I think that ther Protea players are making these false accusations to justify their racist behaviour. The made some vile and obnoxious racist comments against the Indians in Afrikaans. I hope that the CSA will investigate that as well
I was sitting on the grass banks on Centurion and in front of me sat 2 young Pakistani supporters waving the Pakistni flag. I saw about six South African policemen walking towards Pakistani supporters and very aggressively mandhandling them and then escourting them out of the ground. My friends and myself asked the policeman for the reason for their behaviour and they told us they were asked to remove those spectators because Harris complained that he was abused by them. Harris tried to save a boundary in a very ungainly fashion very much like a poor Pakistani fielder. We all laughed at Harris effort and the 2 Pakistani's who were removed from the stadium shouted aloud in urdu "With fielding like that you make us feel like we are at home in Pakistan". Everyone who understood urdu laughed.
Two quotes from a respected poster on PP who was at the game. Now you can choose not to believe it, that's your prerogative, but why would he need to lie?