Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

To OP, I dont understand how someone can equate one's IQ with following a sport! I dont erally understand whether you are saying that football followers are low IQ people so urbans indians who follow football must be having low IQ or its stupid to emotionally attached to a EP/football team which has nothing in common for us. Either way I dont see anything wrong because unless you support one team wholeheartedly, intensity wont be same. You need a team/player of your own to enjoy any game,be it football or tennis. Its another discussion why our urban youngsters think it is cool to follow anything western be it sports or music, but you can't fault them for doing so. We need to held out society and education responsible for such western obsession.

So out of the millions of Manchester United supporters' date=' only those who live in Manchester are true fans and everyone else is a bandwagoner/glory hunter? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] Its not that hysterical. Everyone else IS a bandwagoner. Why does Man Utd get picked by most foreigners?

Its not that hysterical. Everyone else IS a bandwagoner. Why does Man Utd get picked by most foreigners?
So anyone outside the manchester area are not allowed to follow a team? and if they do so, they are classified as bandwagoners. I agree Man U is the most bandwagon friendly team, but theres fans out there that know inside out knowledge about the club and follow them religiously even if they live half way across the world. Its similar to IPL, all those fans from cricketing nations other then India who follow a certain teams are classfied bandwagoners because they dont have any relation to the team????? Its not their fault, if they want to follow a team and stick with it, they are just as loyal as those who live in the area of the actual team. The true bandwagoners are those who jump ship every couple seasons depending on whos got the latest trophies or glory going through the years.

i completely agree with u ppl supporting clubs that they have NO CONNECTION TO whatsoever and adopting them as 'THEIR OWN' is incredibly stupid but i guess its all about wanting to look cool, and cricket is too passe for the youth of india so the 'youngistaan' idiots need to find new ways to distinguish themselves
well, that would be same with IPL teams also. I live in a city which has absolutely no connection with any IPL team (apart from the fact that Subroto Roy from my city is the owner of a team) so I can't see these teams as "my own" or I can't be a passionate supporter :hmmm:
So out of the millions of Manchester United supporters' date=' only those who live in Manchester are true fans and everyone else is a bandwagoner/glory hunter? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] ++++
yeah, totally dude. So if one supports NZ in Rugby or the U.S. in Swimming at the Olympics or Russia in Gymnastics, than they do it to look "COOL". I mean if you don't LIVE in that country and have no attachment to that place, how dare you ****ing support them It has obviously has nothing to do with admiring their talent and hardwork. *attempt at sarcam*
++++