'Sachin - Genius Unplugged'

SachDan

BANGALORE: A book on Sachin Tendulkar, 'Sachin - Genius Unplugged', which features write-ups by Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble, was launched on Wednesday just nine days ahead of the forthcoming World Cup. The book, edited by veteran cricket journalist Suresh Menon, comprises 18 essays by writers who have watched Tendulkar's career from close quarters, including Sanjay Manjrekar, Kumble and Dravid. Other contributors include Peter Roebuck, Greg Baum, Harsha Bhogle and Barney Ronay. Fittingly, it includes a foreword by Test cricket's highest wicket-taker Muttiah Muralitharan, the man who is to bowling what Tendulkar is to batting. Dravid launched the book and Kumble received the first copy. Kumble marvelled at Tendulkar's ability to master every aspect of the game he set his mind to. "Sachin just rolled his arm over, and turned the leg-spinner and the googly by the same huge width, while I was struggling to spin the ball," he said. He also remembered his debut at Old Trafford in 1990, in which Tendulkar scored his first international century. "Kiran More had ordered me to keep standing on the balcony, since Tendulkar was batting well when I was there. I was allowed to sit down only after he reached his hundred, and the match was saved," Kumble said. Dravid said the book "is a great reflection on Tendulkar's accomplishments, and is something youngsters taking to cricket will enjoy reading." ___________________________________________ wow! this should be a great book..really looking forward to having a copy of the book asap.

BANGALORE: Anil Kumble revealed a long-kept secret on Wednesday. At a function here to release a book, he admitted to feeling envious of the book's protagonist Sachin Tendulkar. After accepting the first copy of the Suresh Menon-edited " Sachin a Genius Unplugged" from none other fellow traveller Rahul Dravid, Kumble stated he was envious not of Sachin the master batsman but the bowler. "Here I used to be, wondering what to do with the next ball, how to turn it, etc. And there was Sachin. Handed the ball, he would just roll his arm over and turn a leg break followed by a googly, both the same width, without seemingly a care in the world," said a smiling Kumble, his admiration for Tendulkar's genius most apparent. Kumble didn't claim to have played any part in adding to Tendulkar's bowling skills but did say he played a part in some of his 100s including his maiden one. "It was my debut Test and I was standing in the team balcony at Old Trafford when Kiran More told me 'Sachin is batting well, you'd better keep standing'. I had to do so whole day, save for a break for tea, till Sachin reached his maiden hundred and the match was saved," said Kumble, having the audience in splits. Dravid, who officially released the book, for his part wondered how people could continue to write about Tendulkar. "It is not easy to write about Sachin, about whom so much has already been written and it is heartening to note that these writers were willing to write," said Dravid of the book that is basically a compilation of personalized stories on Tendulkar by leading writers from around the world. It also has personal essays from Kumble, Dravid and Bishan Bedi.

Can I have one without Bishen Singh's essays: hmmm: The man has nothing good to say about SRT or anyother Bambi :mad: Reminds me of an incident at uni...one guy used to get copies of the text materials(we couldn't afford four books for each subject :sniffle:) for the entire class. On one such instance, he'd collected 50 bucks from each of us. But later when he did the math, the cost was actually 52 bucks. An extra 2 bucks per head and if nobody pays him, he stands to lose Rs.100 (49 nerds + 1 el pibe). So, he went around the class asking for two rupees from each one of us. He came to El Pibe, and I replied, "Machi, just tear the last four pages (a pg costs 50 paise) and give me the rest." :laugh: Meanie Southies :headshake:

Can I have one without Bishen Singh's essays: hmmm: The man has nothing good to say about SRT or anyother Bambi :mad: Reminds me of an incident at uni...one guy used to get copies of the text materials(we couldn't afford four books for each subject :sniffle:) for the entire class. On one such instance, he'd collected 50 bucks from each of us. But later when he did the math, the cost was actually 52 bucks. An extra 2 bucks per head and if nobody pays him, he stands to lose Rs.100 (49 nerds + 1 el pibe). So, he went around the class asking for two rupees from each one of us. He came to El Pibe, and I replied, "Machi, just tear the last four pages (a pg costs 50 paise) and give me the rest." :laugh: Meanie Southies :headshake:
Bedi's one of the biggest fan of SRT!
Bedi's one of the biggest fan of SRT!
But I remember watching a program where in the ex-Indian players were supposed to choose the best Indian player of the century (back in 1999/00). Sanjay Manjrekar was hosting it and Bishan was in the panel. Bishan said that Kapil was the Best Indian Player and Sanjay kept arguing against him, saying Sachin is the best and putting some stats to support his stand. At one point, Bishan completely lost it and blatantly put something on the lines,"You're a Mumbaikar..no surprise, you're vouching for him." :dontknow: :((
But I remember watching a program where in the ex-Indian players were supposed to choose the best Indian player of the century (back in 1999/00). Sanjay Manjrekar was hosting it and Bishan was in the panel. Bishan said that Kapil was the Best Indian Player and Sanjay kept arguing against him' date=' saying Sachin is the best and putting some stats to support his stand. At one point, Bishan completely lost it and blatantly put something on the lines,[b']"You're a Mumbaikar..no surprise, you're vouching for him." :dontknow: :((
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Thats more like some of the Posters on ICF.
Then SRT would be the only one to have that honour. I haven't heard Bedi telling positive things for anybody..
That is inaccurate. He always had great things to say about RD and VVS to name a couple. The man knows his game better than most excepting fans do not want to hear what they do not want to sometimes.
That is inaccurate. He always had great things to say about RD and VVS to name a couple. The man knows his game better than most excepting fans do not want to hear what they do not want to sometimes.
It's not about telling something which fan is not ready to hear about. He simply loves to shoot from his mouth withiout realizing the importance of things that he says. Over a petiod of time, his statements have lost their credibility. Only Sarfaraz Nawaz from Pakistan can beat him in making idiotic statements.
It's not about telling something which fan is not ready to hear about. He simply loves to shoot from his mouth withiout realizing the importance of things that he says. Over a petiod of time' date=' his statements have lost their credibility. [/quote']Yeah we hear about all this credibility stuff from fans all the time. Does not equate to much. At least he is not one of those phonies masquerading around as cricket experts. We have a bunch of those doing rounds all the time anyway.
Only Sarfaraz Nawaz from Pakistan can beat him in making idiotic statements.
Speaking of idiotic statements why not our own Ravi Shastri or Sunny Gavaskar when I hear them on telecasts?