What ICF means to me ? (My ICF Journey)

gaurav92

It was on the 28th of February, 2009 when I joined ICF. I loved to play Super Selectors and therefore, I googled and found many sites that allowed its members to play Super Selector, one of them was ICF. At first when I joined in, I used to only play Super Selector, but once I started posting on the forum, I liked posting even more. The primary reason was that, with every post that I contribute, my ICF$ would go up. So, in order to get quick bucks, I started posting some OTT posts and started spamming on various threads, increasing my post count and also my ICF$ balance. Soon when I logged back in, I received an infraction from Rajiv, and a warning for controlling my anxiety and when I didn’t bother reading it, and started it once again, I was banned for a couple of days. I then understood that there is no point spamming around. I got in terms with the odds, and the other general rules regarding the bets, and started punting a few. Although I won quite a few early on, eventually I had to raise my hands in bankruptcy. Then, I got an idea, I thought of making a single post that is based on Cricket which should fetch me a few bucks for betting without getting myself banned. I copied and pasted a 50 page article from Wikipedia and pasted it on a new thread. My ICF$ balance climbed up to 80k with a single post. I was overjoyed, and I punted the entire lot in a bet. The very next day when I logged in again, to my surprise I received another infraction and this time it wasn’t just a ban for a couple of days, it was a ban for an entire month. I was pissed off. But one of the mods, lifted the ban, and warned me not to do it again (It was Gambit, where is he these days, I miss him :((. Even with all this, I was not finished yet; I opened a thread, asking from my fellow members, for donations. Some of my Mumbai Indians fans, some Goddy’s bhakt’s donated me some money, and soon, my ICF$ balance rose up to 5 millions (Well, for me, whose balance was tottering somewhere in double figures, 5 Millions was a huge sum of money). I also chanced my luck in Super Selector, but did not win anything. Then, I thought of doing something, which would enhance my chances of winning a Super Selector, that is, I thought of opening a new ID and playing with multiple IDs. You must be thinking, this is the height of ignorance, but I never knew what the consequences would be. I received a PM from one of the mods, which read that I will be banned permanently if I try to do the same once again. The turning point was the introduction of SBL (Spread Betting League), it took me some time, to get used to it, but once I got used to it, I started enjoying it, and eventually won huge chunks. In fact, I soon became one of the richest members of ICF; ahead of me were Rajiv, Shane, BB and Dravid. During this journey of two years, I made many friends, but at the same time there were many members who hated me blindly. Some special mentions are: Dravid: He has been hating me ever since he lost his bet to Pakistan in the Legendary Sydney Test. :PFurther Info here Punjabi_Khota : I think he loves my mustaches and is jealous that he doesn’t have one :beee: My first ever article was published here. It was on my “GOD” and not just my God, but the God of more than a billion people. It was about his magnificent innings in Sydney in the CB Series final.Link Once I wrote that, I though I could write even more. I soon started writing more and more, and posting it here. Some of them liked it, some just ignored it thinking that it’s a trash coming from a 17 year old, but some of them, thrashed me for writing an article that according to them didn’t deserve the Front Page. I took everything positively and started working very hard, to write better. I improved a lot, and the credit goes to all those who supported me here. The strange thing I noticed here was that, those members who bashed me for writing something mediocre never appreciated my efforts whenever I did well in an article. But nothing really stopped me from writing and I still love writing and posting here. I have gained so much knowledge here, and not just about Cricket, but also about many other things ranging from perceiving things to the art of trolling from the vulnerable and very limited species of quality trolls like El Pibe and Flamoyees. ICF has become an integral part of my life, its simply irresistible. Now that I am celebrating almost 2 years of joy here in this magnificent forum, I want to thank each and every one here that has made this site, a paradise, as it is now. If SRT = GOD to me, ICF = LIFE for me. A couple of lines to express my love towards ICF. "Discussing an interesting controversial topic, Or simply chatting with the members in the hood. Punting on some luring odds in the Bet Section, Or just Trolling around as long as I could. All that I did here on this forum I have enjoyed every bit of it. This is my passion, my life, my soul I just can’t think of living without it Captivating is its essence Prismatic is its love Exquisite is its beauty Just like a burnished dove Sent from the heaven above." :icflove::icflove::icflove::icflove::icflove::icflove::icflove::icflove:

^Dude you sell yourself (your siggy and custom line) to make a few bucks' date=' and you say I should be your gambling buddy :phehehe:.[/quote'] phail proof money making :proud: I learnt the mistakes from you :--D
P.S : 12 = double CHAKKA -----> Who paid you for this ? :cantstop:
Sachinism :hail: :isalute:

What about Jaddu makes you JIMP ? :dontknow: So will he change it as he wishes too ?
Ya. Anyone can give him suggestions and he will change it for you. But this contract runs out in a couple of months and you can bet for my space and say whatever you want in it.

You need to be my gambling buddy :bigboss: btw CB series final was played in Brisbane not Sydney :whack:
Goddy got a 91 in that.Do you remember it was a series with 3 finals, first at the SCG in which he was unbeaten on 117. I was referring to that innings, although his 91 at the Gaba was priceless too :hail:

Goddy got a 91 in that.Do you remember it was a series with 3 finals' date=' first at the SCG in which he was unbeaten on 117. I was referring to that innings, although his 91 at the Gaba was priceless too :hail:[/quote'] Oh right. thats what you meant. Because Brisbane was the deciding match, and I was there at the ground watching goddy's innings hoping for a century right before my eyes, but he got out at 91 :sniffle: but we won with Symonds adding some masala with the streaker :woot:

nice history G92 :--D I found ICF while using my colleagues computer where he had this site open, i browsed through it and found it interesting.... In the begining i got hooked to the arcade and later started posting regularly... some would say too regularly... The IPL forum was where i think i started to post more first, i I enjoyed posting in the namma namma thread the most... :P I remember my first silly argument with devegowda and a bigger argument with Patriot over sachin verses Gavaskar, which reached depths to which i am not proud of, eventually i have tried to stay away from player comparison (which eventually turn un healthy) but sometiimes its hard to keep away :P. The most interesting, heated and most famous/infamous thread surely has been the Bradman verses Sachin saga which has blossomed (??) to probably the most hotly debated topic in ICF. Bossbhai's defense of Sachin verses the obvious mountain of 99.94 was an awesome read. I also came across some old gems especially the most famous amits's (find a girl friend in 9 days) which had probably the best dance sequence ever filmed by man (:cantstop:) Money wise i had always aimed to reach a billion dollars, but looked like going no-where until the famous ICF Chess league happened, which was a fantastic tournament for sure and had some nail biting thriller matches. The tournamnet organised by Wicket was a success with lots of members actively participating. I came third and earned 1.25 billion $ which made my ICF dream come true. Off late i am just hoarding the money n doing nothing with it. I wont be online for a while from March onwards so I intend to end my spamming career(part I) in ICF with a Bang!!!! Bring on the world cup BABY :beach:

good intro by chotey and roro bhai. :icflove: my first a/c in a forum was 5 year ago,it was a gaming form,i get banned there last year.i feel very bad when they did't listen to me, i find ICF last year and joined it,in first half of my ICF journey i played SS only, i had some bad time here too with some mod guys,i feel sad:(((if those moderators guys read this please forgive me if i ever heart you) for that,but tdigi bhai behave and help me lot,so decide to stay here for always. After April i may quit because i have many work to do in life. my best experience was sharing my commonwealth voluntarism experience.