Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Ishwar Choudhary = way too similar sounding to another legend we have - Ishant Sharma. So that alone should close the gates for him..:haha: they are all myths unless this Aaron monster shows up in a daredevils match and bowls 6 deliveries ALL >145... unless that happens I would bracket him along with Umesh Y who was thrashed by the Zim batters:musicman:
How is he a myth..he bowled up 148 here in SF of VJ hazaare trophy..Umesh too bowled 146 in the last IPL..be optimistic and have hopes

Alright, so the title of the thread may be a little dramatic but there's no harm in discussing some of the domestic bowlers either and some of the posts have been informative. He's fairly young and isn't going to be the like the furnished article like a Zaheer Khan in terms of variety, skill, and experience or we don't even know where these upcoming bowlers will end up in the future. We all know pace without direction or variety is going to fairly useless but let's not discourage these bowlers either.

Alright' date=' so the title of the thread may be a little dramatic but there's no harm in discussing some of the domestic bowlers either and some of the posts have been informative. He's fairly young and isn't going to be the like the furnished article like a Zaheer Khan in terms of variety, skill, and experience or we don't even know where these upcoming bowlers will end up in the future. We all know pace without direction or variety is going to fairly useless but let's not discourage these bowlers either.[/quote'] Someone who bowls 148 KPH will always be called as future and pace always matters...does not matter how wayward Tait is, he still takes wickets. Genuine pacers always beat the batsmen with pace whenever they get it right...these Indian youngster will learn this under the guidance of Zak who I think is the best bowling coach we have right now as I had earlier said he has learned it a hard way and who knows the importance of hard yards out in the bowling
Umesh Yadav also touched 145 k .where is he now? I don't think bowlers find place in the team just because they bowled few balls over 145k.
Umesh found a place on SA tour just because of pace and if team management wouldn't have done the error of playing Unadkat because he is a left arm pacer would have debuted too...He is one of the highest paid pacer in IPL 4 because they know his potential and he was with DD last time too....I do not think we should count him out as easily as some here are doing....every team plays genuine pacers because of pace...they know a genuine pacer can be wayward to start with but pace is pace..always matters...in this world cup too..we will see the team has good pace bowling attack will win... you will see the difference when we play Holland..Roach tore them apart bowling at 140-147kph..and Indian bowlers will be thrashed by Holland too..just wait for a few days
Someone who bowls 148 KPH will always be called as future and pace always matters...does not matter how wayward Tait is' date=' he still takes wickets. Genuine pacers always beat the batsmen with pace whenever they get it right...these Indian youngster will learn this under the guidance of Zak who I think is the best bowling coach we have right now as I had earlier said he has learned it a hard way and who knows the importance of hard yards out in the bowling[/quote'] Yeah, I also like fast bowlers ... Who doesn't? Just that a fast bowler coupled with variety and control becomes a lethal combination making him an asset on any type of wicket. Btw, the more important part, from youtube:woot: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckkW05uX8hs]YouTube - Varun Aaron[/ame]

Look at where the keeper is standing, looks around 20-25 yards from the stump..don't know if he will play today..he got some strain in this match..according to the video..and looking much quicker than what the speed gun is showing...good signs...

Jogi won us a world cup! have some respect for chap :finger: The obsession of pace in India is killing some talented but slow bowlers. For me, the technique and variations are quite important over bowling phaaaast. I see a few more pace fanatics are making their way to this thread.
See the video and then tell me isn't that spell of bowling impressive. He is very young, he will learn the techniques and variations. Give him time. this is one of the reasons that we are not producing fast bowlers, that we tell young bowlers to focus more on this technique and all that things, they should be told to bowl fast and should be given confidence in matches, that it doesn't matter even if you go for runs, just bowl fast.
Huh ! Let's see how long he lasts... even Ishant Sharma was fast initially.... now where is he !!??
ishant never crossed 143 on indian pitches... these days he never crosses 135 on indian pitches and elsewhere too. ishant is not as strong as varun is and hence varun is likely to keep his pace and sustain the fast bowling preassure much better.