WC 2011: Trying out Sehwag at #4

zen

Sehwag is a great batsman but he needs to settle down for a few overs before he goes full throttle. With the in-field packed and the new ball doing something, he needs to be more careful in ODIs early on. Early on against good swing bowlers, the chances of him nicking one early on are probably the same as him hitting the ball out of the park, which is why he probably avg 35 instead of 40. At #4, you would often come in with the field spread out or spreading out soon, which will make him to look to settle down first by picking the singles than going for swing from ball 1 when it is hard and new. May be it is not a bad idea to try the below order: - Tendulkar - Gambhir - Kohli - Sehwag

Dude I am sick of your knee-jerk ranting from past 2 weeks... From your continous obsession of 5 bowler theory to now this .. Tomorrow Bhajji makes a 50, u will ask him to open.. n if Sachin scores a duck, u will ask to come at number 11... think before you post..Sehwag has been playing as an opener for us for last 7 years.. They are not change it in wcup

dude!!!.you always come up with ideas which have no chance of happening.
I like to think 360 degrees and not rule out any options. He may not be tried out because Sehwag himself likes to open but I talking about a different angle that could help team India. My PoV usually is based upon taking pressure games, good opposition and focus on building a base w/ good number of wkts in hand
Dude I am sick of your knee-jerk ranting from past 2 weeks... From your continous obsession of 5 bowler theory to now this .. Tomorrow Bhajji makes a 50' date=' u will ask him to open.. n if Sachin scores a duck, u will ask to come at number 11... think before you post..Sehwag has been playing as an opener for us for last 7 years.. They are not change it in wcup[/quote'] who cares about what you are sick off! (I am sick of dumb-asses, captain obviouses, I know a few things abt cricket because I listen to that commentator, blah blah, too) .... Just don't read my post in that case :P
Rett' date=' what about the balance of the side? We have 3 anchors and 4 hitters. I dont see any reason why we have to send in 3 anchors in at 1,2 and 3.Do you?[/quote'] I think "anchor" probably is a wrong term to use here because Ten, GG and Kohli, along w/ Dhoni at times, are good enough to score at the required rate and play according to the situation. Generally, they are good enough to go at 6 per over, which is what is required initially, w/o taking much risk. Also I am interested in improving Sehwag's success rate in ODIs. I am not looking for a quick 30 odd from him. Sometimes, he gets too carried away and throws his wkt away. As we know, the way he plays, the bowlers are always in with a chance, more so with the new ball and packed in-field. If Sehwag fires that will improve Ind's chances of winning the WC tremendously. I am not looking for a quick 30 odd from Sehwag. In overall scheme of things that means little. If he fails, we have GG and Kohli coming in anyways, so a different way to look at this is, let's move GG and Kohli a spot up (as if Sehwag is out early, which could happen against good sides, esp if the ball is moving around) and built a platform. Then we have Sehwag coming in with the field spread out which could help him to settle down. Since the field is spread out, he doesn't have to feel cramped at the stuff bowled at his pads. Ofc, if Sehwag improves his success rate then there is no player like him opening the innings as if he hit full throttle, he would put Ind in a commanding position.
I see a lot of similarities between this Rett guy and Charlie Sheen. Both talk about themselves in third person and generate twenty tonnes of bullcrap per day.
Most of your efforts are probably concentrated in trying to point deficiencies in other people's post as per your line of thinking. I haven't seen many post where you actually post your opinion directly on the subject. My guess is that the PhD degree that you have or you are pursuing has gone into your head :P
Most of your efforts are probably concentrated in trying to point deficiencies in other people's post as per your line of thinking. I haven't seen many post where you actually post your opinion directly on the subject. My guess is that the PhD degree that you have or you are pursuing has gone into your head :P
:hysterical: Which one of us talks about themselves in third person ? :cantstop:
:hysterical: Which one of us talks about themselves in third person ? :cantstop:
Ah ha, here comes the PhD guy to add to this thread w/ his thesis :yay: What's the subject, how to sweep floors of the forums w/ math formulas :P PhD :hysterical:
Ah ha, here comes the PhD guy to add to this thread w/ his thesis :yay: What's the subject, how to sweep floors of the forums w/ math formulas :P PhD :hysterical:
atleast he doesnt come across as a retarted fool.. I think taking random photography of insects doing potty has screwed up ur mind
atleast he doesnt come across as a retarted fool.. I think taking random photography of insects doing potty has screwed up ur mind
Appears as if I might have stepped on your tail w/o realizing .... so much howling going on by you :giggle: So much so that saying that it's not a bad idea to try Sehwag at 4 (on a cricket form) seems to got into you. We can see who the fool is :P