Quarter Finals Lineup

Guest BossBhai

thats what even Pak would love to have... Ind bat first and set any total bw 250-300... Pak openers can easily handle Ind attack to at least give a stand with 6+ RR for 10 to 12 overs... Thats what I said, even all of Pakistan's under performing player will come hard on India... and I am really not mocking etc... & indian spin attack is already something ideal for Pak's Middle order batsmen... Well saying Pak to have Ind, even instead of WI or BD, dont really mean that but Pak would really love to have Ind instead of SA or Eng in QF...
Jab Pak player ko pressure aata hai to unke "Tatte" Lose ho jate..and they follow one another :--D:--D

Thank you BB for the thread. For those of us who are always confused about team positions and the various permutations possible, it helps a lot. I have a hypothetical question. SA have lost a game to England. WI have lost to SA. Suppose both SA and WI both lose to India and win the other remaining games, they will end up on equal points. Assuming that they beat the other opponents by almost similar margins ( and lose to India in a near similar fashion), WI will have a better run rate because they trounced Bangladesh. In such a case who will be second in the group? WI because of run rate or South Africa because they beat West Indies ( who are on equal points) ?

well a good team should not look to play a certain team in Quarters. They should be prepared to play for every game against any opponent witought worrying of opponent & concentrationg on their own game. I feel India will Finish 3rd in B3 and Pak will finish at A3 so possibly no quarterfinal will be Ind VS Pak
dude we are gonna beat your bunch of chokers..and we'll top the group.
This wannabe Saffer was nowhere to be seen after his team choked yesterday - and now look at him gloating about India being likely to finish 3rd in the group! Come on Jabroni Patel...show some balls and man up when your team loses - so what if they choked, this is the birthright of your sorry team. Your chicken like attitude is very much like the Pak fans.

Thanks BB. :icflove: I'm a little confused and disappointed by this rule. Net Run Rate is dependent on how horribly you trash a minnow. So in my example, WI even on level points with SA will be behind SA if SA trash minnows and WI don't trash them by that big a margin.Thats unfair. Is Net Run Rate dependent on who bats first? We made 370 against Bangladesh. West Indies could make only 59. That is because they didn't bat first and had to chase so ofcourse they could get as many runs. So we should always bat first in group stages?

Thanks BB. :icflove: I'm a little confused and disappointed by this rule. Net Run Rate is dependent on how horribly you trash a minnow. So in my example, WI even on level points with SA will be behind SA if SA trash minnows and WI don't trash them by that big a margin.Thats unfair. Is Net Run Rate dependent on who bats first? We made 370 against Bangladesh. West Indies could make only 59. That is because they didn't bat first and had to chase so ofcourse they could get as many runs. So we should always bat first in group stages?
NRR gives an accurate aggregate figure of your performance against all other teams. It doesn't matter whether you bat first or second. Let's say India bats second and chases dutch score of 180 all out* in 35 overs. its NRR would be (181/35) - (180/50) = +1.57. If India batted first and score 258 in 50 overs and dutch are still 180 all out. The NRR would still be (258/50) - (180/50) = +1.57. *note: if a team is all out it doesn't matter how many overs they played, it will be divided by 50 overs.
Pakistan v India will be an excellent quarter Final...I know you people are way better than us' date=' but please dont take this comment as a trolling aspect...its just my opinion :icflove:[/quote'] *zada was supposed to smash the living daylights out of Indian bowlers @ Wankhede. QF would simply be a premature .....
*zada was supposed to smash the living daylights out of Indian bowlers @ Wankhede. QF would simply be a premature .....
even after using another 10 words to describe my point, first comment i get is this!? :(( i know its your opportunity to put salt on our wounds, but never in my internet history i have comented on a thread which is created after an Indian loss :((

It's possible that SA will fail to make it into the QFs. All they need to do is lose their remaining 3 games. Well, very unlikely but possible, yes? :D I don't like them especially Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn. They are soooo arrogant!!!!! They publicly made fun of Team India recently.

even after using another 10 words to describe my point, first comment i get is this!? :(( i know its your opportunity to put salt on our wounds, but never in my internet history i have comented on a thread which is created after an Indian loss :((
What are u waiting for ? Join the club & post India-Pak overall stats :P @ topic, where's the permutations and combinations Boss :orderorder: