Quarter Finals Lineup

Guest BossBhai

india will finish 2nd after scoring 4 pts. there is no way we are winning against BOTH SA and WI. the only way india will top the group is if SA screw up in one of their games against bangla or ireland. which i think is possible, but highly unlikely. but either way, i think India will get NZ or PAK in QF. those are the two easiest matches for india. any other opponent would have been tricky

Pak vs Ind will be an ideal QF for Pak players to get boosted up... :dance: All of our "question marked" players come into serious form while playing vs Ind and even Akmal starts catching the ball... so I would seriously prefer Pak team to play in QF vs Ind instead of any other team even WI or BD... (p.s. I know the pak vs ind WC history... )
The burning question is.. would Afridi & Co. want to play us in our own backyard? :cantstop: That's what they've wanted to avoid from the very beginning of the tournament.
but either way' date=' i think India will get NZ or PAK in QF. those are the two easiest matches for india. any other opponent would have been tricky[/quote'] I really wouldn't be so sure about NZ being too easy. We've thrashed them well in the past but Ross Taylor suddenly getting his groove back will make everyone a bit wary of taking them too lightly. They will be having tremendous confidence now- they played so well without Vettori on the field, so I wouldn't predict anything just yet. Beating Pak would be easier though, in my view.

Too bad pak is in a group in which the minnows have stayed true to their name. It would have been a really interesting scenario if Pak was in Group B now and they would have to beat atleast 1 more big team to conclusively say that they would make the top 8. But as it stands now, in Group A, there is no competition from the minnows and only the standing of the top 4 teams is of any importance. I was hoping for a Ind Vs NZ QF but i think it will be a Ind Vs Pak QF.

My prediction :confusedman:
I don't think we'll top the table. We've yet to play SA and WI. SA have to play Ireland and Bangladesh later on, and I'm sure they'll win both. If we lose against SA, then SA will be placed first because they'd be having only one loss on their roster; we'll be having both a loss and a tie. My prediction is that we may play against NZ in the quarters.
I don't think we'll top the table. We've yet to play SA and WI. SA have to play Ireland and Bangladesh later on, and I'm sure they'll win both. If we lose against SA, then SA will be placed first because they'd be having only one loss on their roster; we'll be having both a loss and a tie. My prediction is that we may play against NZ in the semis.
I think India can win both SA and WI matches in Indian soil.:hmmm:
I think India can win both SA and WI matches in Indian soil.:hmmm:
I'm not as confident about our match against SA because that will be played in Nagpur- which is a very seamer friendly pitch. Steyn & Co. could wreak havoc if the pitch suits them fine. On the other hand, we play WI in Chennai, which accommodates spinners better than fast bowlers. I really do hope India thrash SA in Nagpur, but I wouldn't be banking on it a 100% just yet.
I don't care It's quarter final or semi finals or Finals.But V want another match against Aussies :hitler::hitler:
Me too, I was so eager to see that match pan out but that stupid rain had to play spoilsport :facepalm: I like the Lankan team, but barring a few guys like Malinga, Murali, and Sanga, I don't see great potential in the others as game changers... but should the day ever come when you play against Australia, I'll support SL all the way :dance:
Me too, I was so eager to see that match pan out but that stupid rain had to play spoilsport :facepalm: I like the Lankan team, but barring a few guys like Malinga, Murali, and Sanga, I don't see great potential in the others as game changers... but should the day ever come when you play against Australia, I'll support SL all the way :dance:
:pray: