Dhoni's ODI batting

In the last twelve months, he's made just two fifties, but more surprisingly, only twice has he had an innings strike rate of more than even 80, leave alone 100 or even 90. It is only poor form (in the six months before that he hit three ODI centuries against Bangla, Lanka and Australia) but this poor form has come at the worst time for India with the World Cup on.

He really have to rethink about his batting style again.. Thats why we all appreciate Sehwag and Sachin...cuz even though are there long before Dhoni, they always played their natural game... Never tried to change themselves..I am serious, Dhoni is sadly nomore the same... He kinda reminds me of our 80s and 90s team where a keeper was a neccesity and thier batting was just a bonus

More than anything it his inability to shepherd/sheild the tail. He let Nehra face 5 balls of a Steyn over and before that Zaheer. Poor batting at the death. Even seeing it till the end and not necessarily going for shots would have been fine. Poor.

More than anything it his inability to shepherd/sheild the tail. He let Nehra face 5 balls of a Steyn over and before that Zaheer. Poor batting at the death. Even seeing it till the end and not necessarily going for shots would have been fine. Poor.
Agreed. I was commenting generally but this particular innings was an epic fail on Dhoni's part.