The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

2 bad games and we give up on the man who can turn around games in one over?
I hate these types of logic.. "two bad games, one bad game, three bad game.." Effing this is World Cup..not a bilateral series..FFS..You have to play horses for courses atleast..
2 bad games and we give up on the man who can turn around games in one over?
lets be honest - Pathan plays those kind of innings once in a blue moon. Otherwise he is neither as reliable nor as consistent as Raina and another problem I see is that Yusuf can play destructively in the last few overs but if the need arises and he is sent in early then more often than not he will fail. Raina has been a proven performer and a far more consistent finisher than Pathan and right now he is needed lower down the order. Our top order is firing in most matches but the lower order is simply unable to finish off matches well and Raina is needed for that IMO.
I hate these types of logic.. "two bad games, one bad game, three bad game.." Effing this is World Cup..not a bilateral series..FFS..You have to play horses for courses atleast..
What if Raina fails too? What does the captain play then? Ping-pong?
lets be honest - Pathan plays those kind of innings once in a blue moon. Otherwise he is neither as reliable nor as consistent as Raina and another problem I see is that Yusuf can play destructively in the last few overs but if the need arises and he is sent in early then more often than not he will fail. Raina has been a proven performer and a far more consistent finisher than Pathan and right now he is needed lower down the order. Our top order is firing in most matches but the lower order is simply unable to finish off matches well and Raina is needed for that IMO.
If we could only find a way to play both these boys in the same XI...
What if Raina fails too? What does the captain play then? Ping-pong? If we could only find a way to play both these boys in the same XI...
I think in WC or any torunament, 2 matches is maximum you can give to a player to hit form..In KO stage maximum 1 match if you still manage to win otherwise you are KO'd anyway..