Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

Inspired by the North vs South thread. Lets all list our our fav Indian cities and give reasons for our rankings. 1) Mumbai ...... Sachin + Bollywood + the only city that matters. Home of cool ICF posters like Mariyam, DomainK, Holy, Shane,G92, Achilles etc . . . . (big gap) . . . 2) Pune.......... Close to Mumbai, 1000 oaks . . (big gap) . . 3) Jaipur..........Walled city is fabulous for shopping, choki dhani, lots of good looking men 4) Udaipur..... Better than Venice. They copied from our style. Lake view :heart: 5) Hyderabad.... Same as Chennai + Biriyani 6) Cochin... Great people, lots of student crowd, scenic 7) Delhi..... Good amenities and city infrastructure, can't say the same about the people 8) Chennai...... Big boring city, nothing spectacular. Everything shuts by 9pm. . . (big gap) . . 9) Surat.... Absolutely nothing to do in the city. 10) Ahmedabad... Bigger version of Surat . . (big gap) . . . 11) Agra.... Sab chor. Especially the tourist guides 12) Lucknow... Same as Agra, minus the Taj Mahal

1. Delhi - Jannat hai yarr. the people, the food, the liveliness. 2. Chandigarh - well planned city, Lots of open spaces. Has most qualities of delhi. Havent had the chance to experience it much though. 3. Mumbai and blore - Had a chance to stay at Church gate (nariman point) for a week. Very nice!! People of mumbai: Reserved n busy (frm little interactions) 5. pune 6. Ajmer - Many Relatives live there, Nice city, surrounded by hills from three sides... 7. Goa 8. Puri 8. Hyderabad - Nice people. Nice thread btw

Mumbai tops the Indian cities easily. I dont think there will be much dispute about that. Besides Mumbai, I like Delhi, because I have stayed there for about five years. I have a great many friends in Delhi. Then comes Bangalore for me. Nice city, good people. I have friends, colleagues and clients there. I don't know other cities much. I have visited many, but don't know them well enough to form an opinion. I think if you have friends in a city, you tend to like the city because you get to have a good time there. Every city has it's own charm, if you know where to go at what time, you will like it.

Mumbai tops the Indian cities easily. I dont think there will be much dispute about that. Besides Mumbai, I like Delhi, because I have stayed there for about five years. I have a great many friends in Delhi. Then comes Bangalore for me. Nice city, good people. I have friends, colleagues and clients there. I don't know other cities much. I have visited many, but don't know them well enough to form an opinion. I think if you have friends in a city, you tend to like the city because you get to have a good time there. Every city has it's own charm, if you know where to go at what time, you will like it.
Talking about people apart from Hyderabadis, I like people of Bangalore the most, very friendly. Then comes the Dilliwallahs, in beginning was taken back by the frequent use of MC-BC gaalis, but its just they way they talk. :P I have few good Mumbai friends too. Little disappointed with Bengalis, they tend to socialize only with other Bengalis. This is just what I experienced, I could be wrong though. But most disappointed by non-hyderabadi gults, just like Bengalis they don't socialize with others. Maybe its lack of Hindi skills. But frankly never enjoyed much of their company either. :((

Talking about people apart from Hyderabadis, I like people of Bangalore the most, very friendly. Then comes the Dilliwallahs, in beginning was taken back by the frequent use of MC-BC gaalis, but its just they way they talk. :P I have few good Mumbai friends too. Little disappointed with Bengalis, they tend to socialize only with other Bengalis. This is just what I experienced, I could be wrong though. But most disappointed by non-hyderabadi gults, just like Bengalis they don't socialize with others. Maybe its lack of Hindi skills. But frankly never enjoyed much of their company either. :((
Completely agree with that. I hate this habit they have. In my college days, if in a group of friends there are four Bengalies, they would start talking to each other in Bengali pissing off everyone else. Then they would complain that others are not friendly with them. :WTF: Once a group of Beglies who lived together in a flat invited four of us non-Bengalis to celebrate a birthday. And they then kept talking in Benglali. We objected a few times, but it was no use. It ended up in two groups in two corners of a room talking in different languages.

11) Agra.... Sab chor. Especially the tourist guides 12) Lucknow... Same as Agra, minus the Taj Mahal
Have you ever visited Lucknow??? Its probably one of the most tourist friendly places in the entire country. As for being "same as Agra" :headshake: Lko is much, much, much better than any city, at least in UP. My fav cities are: 1.Lucknow - home. :proud: Delhi - its like second home to me. Really nice infrastructure with lots of open spaces and good food, night life is also quite good, people (or rather the language) are'nt the most friendly. Bangalore - nice place with lots of traffic and outstanding food.......................and the bestest girls in India :D Mysore - a very peaceful and beautiful city and really nice people, not much to do or see but its a nice place. Nainital - IMO one of the best hill stations in India.

Talking about people apart from Hyderabadis' date=' [b']I like people of Bangalore the most, very friendly.
This is completely true,you will not find more friendlier people in india.
But most disappointed by non-hyderabadi gults, just like Bengalis they don't socialize with others. Maybe its lack of Hindi skills. But frankly never enjoyed much of their company either. :((
Completely disagree,i have found the opposite to be true,hyderabadis form their own Cliques wherever they go,i have found this to be true from college.

Completely agree with that. I hate this habit they have. In my college days, if in a group of friends there are four Bengalies, they would start talking to each other in Bengali pissing off everyone else. Then they would complain that others are not friendly with them. :WTF: Once a group of Beglies who lived together in a flat invited four of us non-Bengalis to celebrate a birthday. And they then kept talking in Benglali. We objected a few times, but it was no use. It ended up in two groups in two corners of a room talking in different languages.
i 200% agree with you.

Inspired by the North vs South thread. Lets all list our our fav Indian cities and give reasons for our rankings. 1) Mumbai ...... Sachin + Bollywood + the only city that matters. Home of cool ICF posters like Mariyam, DomainK, Holy, Shane,G92, Achilles etc . . . . (big gap) . . . 2) Pune.......... Close to Mumbai, 1000 oaks . . (big gap) . . 3) Jaipur..........Walled city is fabulous for shopping, choki dhani, lots of good looking men 4) Udaipur..... Better than Venice. They copied from our style. Lake view :heart: 5) Hyderabad.... Same as Chennai + Biriyani 6) Cochin... Great people, lots of student crowd, scenic 7) Delhi..... Good amenities and city infrastructure, can't say the same about the people 8) Chennai...... Big boring city, nothing spectacular. Everything shuts by 9pm. . . (big gap) . . 9) Surat.... Absolutely nothing to do in the city. 10) Ahmedabad... Bigger version of Surat . . (big gap) . . . 11) Agra.... Sab chor. Especially the tourist guides 12) Lucknow... Same as Agra, minus the Taj Mahal
Yeah I would take that list. I would put Coimbatore at close second though. Delhi is awful. It seems like as one moves towards north the chip on people's shoulders keeps increasing.