Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

I've only been lived in a few places and for me those childhood days were the best days of my life and that's basically India for me. Coming to Mumbai, I don't think I'm going to like the place: 1. Overcrowded....to get on a train you have to push around 20 people 2. Slums everywhere and poverty...one has to become an ignorant and ignore all this 3. Good only if you're a rich person having your seaside view 4. traffic jams Basically, if you have to run down people just to get on a train tells a story IMO. Positives about Mumbai The only thing I would like to see in Mumbai are the cricket maidans and appreciate its cricketing culture and just that Bollywood is there though meeting any of the Bollywood stars is not on my wishlist.

Man Chennai gets bad rap but I lived there for 4 months and it was mostly pleasant. Except this one time where an auto vaala got into an argument with me and tried to sledge me in hindi :dontknow: PLus the Chennai ladies have caught up rest of the metros and started "maintaining", if you know what I mean :P

Man Chennai gets bad rap but I lived there for 4 months and it was mostly pleasant. Except this one time where an auto vaala got into an argument with me and tried to sledge me in hindi :dontknow: PLus the Chennai ladies have caught up rest of the metros and started "maintaining", if you know what I mean :P
have they started shaving yet

Bangalore - love Bangalore crowd , laid back ,classy & superb taste for music . Easily the cleanest city in India .Every thing shuts by 11pm though. Mangalore - Home town , beautiful city . The crowd is different to other Tier 2 cities . Pune - Reminds me a lot of Bangalore , The city is relatively clean , green & pretty good crowd. Mumbai - the city has grown on me in 6 years , but still too dirty for my liking . People are very filmy & disappointingly have no awareness of rest of India/world. its just the movies and Bollywood most of them care about . Contrary to what every one else has said , Mumbaikars are very helpful . Worst traffic in the country . Kolkotta - Everything moves slow form what i saw . Horrible traffic . Chennai - Conservative , hot weather . A regular metro ?

@ Ram : I agree. Chennai at no.8 is unfair. Had I been to Kolkata, Coimbatore, Patna, Gorakhpur and Jhumritalaiyan, then Chennai would have been ranked much lower than 8.
At least we don't have bal thackeray,raj and mariyam ! no major riots since 1965...can we say the same about your underworld infested area? :winky:

Out of all the cities I've been to, Mumbai has to be the worst. That place is so fecking crowded, you will wish to be left alone in an island after a viisit there. I've lived in Baroda. Nice little city, pretty quiet except if you went to the crowded "inner city" area where most of the Hindu/Muslim tensions start. Visited Bangalore a few times and always found it to be pleasant, especaially weather wise. Lived for sometime in Hyderabad, found the food way too fecking spicy and roads too dusty. Delhi is another decent place. Good roads/infrastructure (ofc, they spend everyone's tax money there, LOL), good places to eat, overall good. Kerala is one of the pretties states I've been to. Nothing major in terms of Roads and infrastructure or even food, just naturally beautiful. Regarding my home state of TN and Chennai in particular, I am myself disappointed every time I visit from the US. Place is quite dirty, poor infrastructure, the sea breeze has practically disappeared due to the apartment buildings and fast disappearing trees. If I have to relocate back to India, I will have to think twice about moving back to my beloved Chennai. :((

Out of all the cities I've been to' date= Mumbai has to be the worst. That place is so fecking crowded, you will wish to be left alone in an island after a viisit there. I've lived in Baroda. Nice little city, pretty quiet except if you went to the crowded "inner city" area where most of the Hindu/Muslim tensions start. Visited Bangalore a few times and always found it to be pleasant, especaially weather wise. Lived for sometime in Hyderabad, found the food way too fecking spicy and roads too dusty. Delhi is another decent place. Good roads/infrastructure (ofc, they spend everyone's tax money there, LOL), good places to eat, overall good. Kerala is one of the pretties states I've been to. Nothing major in terms of Roads and infrastructure or even food, just naturally beautiful. Regarding my home state of TN and Chennai in particular, I am myself disappointed every time I visit from the US. Place is quite dirty, poor infrastructure, the sea breeze has practically disappeared due to the apartment buildings and fast disappearing trees. If I have to relocate back to India, I will have to think twice about moving back to my beloved Chennai. :((
completely agree. Overcrowded, a bit dirty with not many open spaces. I did'nt like it at all.

completely agree. Overcrowded' date=' [b']a bit dirty with not many open spaces. I did'nt like it at all.
you are being very generous there . its a very difficult place to get adjusted to , takes time ....but after a while , you tend to appreciate things here that no other city offers ...arguably the safest city for women & its alive 24 hrs . Even at 4am you can find a place to eat .