Is pre-marital sex ok or not?

fineleg

What dial100 wrote in the other thread, got me to create this separate thread - since I did not want to mix those two issues in the other thread? As long as it is not cheating a commited partner in a marriage or relationship, and it is between consenting adults, then why is pre-marital sex immoral ? I'd say it is upto the adults involved. I'd like to know why some people say this is immoral? Whats the reason?

I believe Sex is extremely overrated in terms of the importance that is attached to it in our society. It really shouldn't even be on the table. Man wasn't made to defy the laws of the nature' date=' however the idea of "marriage" was. Sex is natural extension of the male-female dynamic.[/quote'] Nice post Ravi. I agree that it is very overrated.
Is this even a question in this day and age?
Rajiv, Evidently from some of the answers (even in this thread, and other threads even in ICF), it is still a question. In the days of our parents, pre-m.s. was haraam. Things are changing now, but I dont think society is changed fully yet - hence its still a question.
It is ok as long as you know the person well
Fair enough. You are saying one-night stands are haraam. Alright deesy and other comedians, now get back to answering the thread with some real answers :cheer:

Friends...This is a message for lovers like Sir John "Having premarital sex is not wrong...but with whom you will have sex prostitutes or your time pass girlfriend or a girl you love a lot without whom you think you are nothing, you feel lonely....if you do sex with a pros or a time pass girlfriend than there is no problem.. but if you actually love someone, you wont ever think of a word sex with that person until you got married which is the right thing to do...love is beyond the sexual elements and for me the sex is very overrated." Read this poetry which I have written. "ye zindagi har din har pal naye-naye mod leti hai kabhi-kabhi to meri rooh bhi jine ki ummeed chhod deti hai bas ye teri ek jhalak hai jise bana ke chandni har raat odh leti hai jaagta rehta hai ke ise dekhkar jee paunga kyuki yahi hai jo zindagi me naye din jod deti hai"

Sir Johneja, The question is not whether or not your g/f agreed to premarital sex :cantstop: Its about what your view is on the topic!
i think it is haram,:protest:
Friends...This is a message for lovers like Sir John "Having premarital sex is not wrong...but with whom you will have sex prostitutes or your time pass girlfriend or a girl you love a lot without whom you think you are nothing, you feel lonely....if you do sex with a pros or a time pass girlfriend than there is no problem.. but if you actually love someone, you wont ever think of a word sex with that person until you got married which is the right thing to do...love is beyond the sexual elements and for me the sex is very overrated." Read this poetry which I have written. "ye zindagi har din har pal naye-naye mod leti hai kabhi-kabhi to meri rooh bhi jine ki ummeed chhod deti hai bas ye teri ek jhalak hai jise bana ke chandni har raat odh leti hai jaagta rehta hai ke ise dekhkar jee paunga kyuki yahi hai jo zindagi me naye din jod deti hai"
i am agree or disagree. 50-50 :bubblegum: i enjoying romance lot.