New Day for Windies

I reckon this will be first time, windies team doesnt have any superstar or legendary figure around. Since I have watched cricket..have seen Richards, Ambrose, Walsh and in came Lara...and now no one. Such a sad day for windies..But I hope they can start fresh.

Quote:I reckon this will be

I reckon this will be first time, windies team doesnt have any superstar or legendary figure around. Since I have watched cricket..have seen Richards, Ambrose, Walsh and in came Lara...and now no one. Such a sad day for windies..But I hope they can start fresh.
If you look at West Indies cricket history they have always had some really good players, even in their formative years. Players like Learie Constantine and George Hedley were fantastic cricketers. In that sense West Indies team of today certainly misses out on star power. However it is also true that mere star power did not exactly turn a team into world power. Even during the time of Black Bradman George Headley West Indies were not the strongest team. Their ascend started with the arrival of Frank Worrell as the skipper. Now granted the team had players like three W's, Valantine and Ramadhin and later on Sobers, Gibbs and Wes Hall the fact remained that West Indies became powerful because Worrell was able to knit the islands into one cohesive team. The story was the same with Clive Lloyd. He was able to make the players forget their Island Loyalty and create a sense of cohesiveness, the rest as the say is history. If Sarwan is able to do even half of Worrell & Lloyd did then West Indies would be a formidable outfit. It is tougher to beat a team where every player is united than a team who survives on star-power. Just ask India :roll: xxx