Basher finally talking some sense

Bangladesh v India, 1st Test, Chittagong India could win 2-0, says Bashar Cricinfo staff May 17, 2007 Bashar: 'That we have not played a Test for 13 months is definitely a setback for us' © AFP It's rare for a captain to be pessimistic on the eve of a Test series but Habibul Bashar, the Bangladesh captain, played down his team's chances and said that India could win the two-Test series 2-0. Bangladesh last played a Test in April 2006, when they collapsed to an innings defeat against Australia after a fighting performance in the first Test. "That we have not played a Test for 13 months is definitely a setback for us," Bashar told PTI. "It would have been good if we had played a couple of Test matches. India's batting for the Tests was strengthened by the arrival of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, who were all left out of the one-day squad. "The Indians are a better side. They may even win the two-Test series 2-0. Sourav and Sachin are top performers. We will try to get them out quickly. The Indians have adapted to the conditions well. They are tough opponents. But I would like to say here that all teams become equal when a match starts."

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Basher finally talking some sense GPL ke baad achchhe achchhe thik ho jate hain, ye bengali kya chiz hai:-)

Re: Basher finally talking some sense Hm... whatever happened to Bashar's "minnow, minnow, minnow. I'm tired of hearing to this, don't call us minnows?". I think there is a huge gap between India and Bangladesh in test cricket. They lack bowlers of test quality that can keep coming at ya day in day out.

Re: Basher finally talking some sense I think you are right. We know what's transpired over the last couple of years. To be honest I quite knew India's bad ODI record and didn't rule out Bangladesh winning a ODI in a 3 ODI series. As for test cricket they are still a bit behind. They will get there but not with the current personnel. They need better bowlers in test cricket.