Lanka vs Pak

When's this one starting When's this one starting guys? I'm looking forward to watching the new look Pakistan. They are short of experience and with Younis Khan also not participating it is going to be an interesting experience for Paks. I think they got nothing to lose. I don't reckon Sri Lanka will take this series seriously too. Are Murali and Vass playing?

wow... 73 runs in the blink wow... 73 runs in the blink of an eye and game, set, match. couple of afridi's hits were amazing--an absolutely flat batted six over cover, which i didnt think achieved an altitude of over 12 feet. sheer power. and the last over from maharoof, that boundary off him almost took his leg off. good thing he got out of the way. havent seen such brutal hitting in a looooooong time.

Re: Lanka vs Pak Pakistan win the 2nd match to take series. SL just weren't up for this one. This was one meaningless tournament so soon after the WC, on a neutral venue, with the sole purpose of minting money. Still, Afridi showed that he was missed during the WC, and Abdul Razzaq showed he is ready for retirement.

Re: Sri Lanka had a bowling line up of : PDRL Perera CRD Fernando MF Maharoof CM Bandara TM Dilshan That's sad :shrug: Why would they not take this tourney seriously? They had their reputation at stake. All the three top bowlers Vaas, Murali and Malinga missing out in this series. How was Shoaib Malik's captaincy BTW? Surely he must have been better than the big old Inzi. Sometimes the change of guard helps the team when the previous captain pretty much wasn't smart enough between ears and relied on his talent to get through a game.

Re: Lanka vs Pak i dont know why they rested jayasuria and malinga for this second match..but anyways any win is a good win for Pakistan right now..even though these matches are meaningless Something must be done about razzaq, i think he will be replaced in the 3rd odi. And Malik so far has definetely been better captain than inzi was.

Re: Lanka vs Pak I still can't understand why they go ahead with such tours if they don't really want to play their best team. I don't like this kind of commitment in an international ODI series. This was a send off to their coach Moody and they don't even reckon they should try to win this one for him at least. I'm pretty disappointed with the attitude of the players. They should have volunteered to play knowing their coach was off after this series. As I said in my first post, Pakistan had nothing to lose. If they didn't do well they still would not have been damned. I just hope the supporters don't get their hopes so high that they start thinking Pakistan is back to its past glory. Every international win is a win and should be lauded. Imagine the importance of these games for someone that has scored a fifty or taken few wickets.

Re: Lanka vs Pak

Imagine the importance of these games for someone that has scored a fifty or taken few wickets.
I agree..This series is a huge one for the likes of Butt and Hameed. They both have probably secured their odi spots for a while now. I hope Pak plays the 2 new players and hopefully they will perform as well..