India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

Ind Vs Aus Q/F strategy After a largely unimpressive group stage for us the real tourney starts against Aussies come Thursday. Based on what I've seen so far Ashwin has to open the bowling along with either Sreesanth or Munaf. Harbhajan shouldn't come on to bowl in the first few overs as he doesn't know how to operate in power-plays and was all over the place against WI in the opening spell. Ashwin however was quite impressive throughout. Zaheer should be saved for the old ball to get reverse swing. Plus I would have Raina in the game rather than Pathan as Aussies have pace heavy attack and Pathan is more useful against spinners than pacers, and Raina should be more useful to us taking on pacers. All in all my team for the Q/F... Sehwag Tendulkar Gambhir Kohli Yuvraj Dhoni Raina Harbhajan Ashwin Zaheer Munaf/Sreesanth And I hope we get a turning pitch as Aussies would have a tough time facing our spinners :pray:

Why don't we play with 3 spinners and one seamer. They are going to target Munaf anyway.
Would have gone with a 3rd spinner if we had any spinner other than Chawla. Munaf/Sreesanth are much better than Chawla IMO but if we had someone like, say Ojha, I would have preferred to go with 3 spinners and one pacer.
Guest prince

Who is going to take a day off to watch India vs Australia on Thursday? Our match against Australia will be on thursday at 2.30 IST, so who will be taking a day off on that day from School, College, University or Work to watch the match. Also share your excuses to get a day off.

Would have gone with a 3rd spinner if we had any spinner other than Chawla. Munaf/Sreesanth are much better than Chawla IMO but if we had someone like' date=' say Ojha, I would have preferred to go with 3 spinners and one pacer.[/quote'] Agree that chawla isn't good and there is a question mark on Chawla's temperament. But IMO Aussies will be more confident of scoring against Munaf than Chawla. Chawla did well against them in the warm ups. It will be on Ausssies mind
Agree that chawla isn't good and there is a question mark on Chawla's temperament. But IMO Aussies will be more confident of scoring against Munaf than Chawla. Chawla did well against them in the warm ups. It will be on Ausssies mind
Nope, Chawla can lose the game in an over or two. He is capable of going ofr 2-3 overs in an over. At least Munaf is comparatively safer. It's more of a case of "lesser of the two evils" than anything else :((
Would have gone with a 3rd spinner if we had any spinner other than Chawla. Munaf/Sreesanth are much better than Chawla IMO but if we had someone like' date=' say[b'] Ojha, I would have preferred to go with 3 spinners and one pacer.
Speaking of Ohja... where is the lad gone? He was good... why was Chawla selected ahead of him?

Why wasnt Ashwin played all this while He comes in straightaway and looks much better than the India's No.1 dart thrower and the hit-me baby. Does the hard stuff bowling most of his overs in PPs and still returns with credible figures. Was the highest wicket taker in a ODI series where he played as the main spinner. Why the hell he was kept out for so long.He has performed well in whatever limited opportunities he got in ODIs On hindsight India would have topped the group if he was played than this 'confidence crap' dished out by Dhoni. Instead of facing an easy NZ lineup, we are to face the wrath of the World champions.