India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

My 11 for the KOs. The pitches should be good for batting :winky: - Sehwag - Tendulkar - Gambhir - Kohli - Yuvraj - Dhoni - Bhajji / Yusuf / Raina - Ashwin - Zaheer - Sree - Munaf For me, what's settled is the following: * The top 6 batsmen * 3 seamers - I suspect we will be playing on flat pitches (A'bad and Mumbai) or where the pitch could assist seamers a little (Mohali). Sree comes in for his ability to swing and reverse, if he is having an off-day, we have back up in Munaf and the part-timers * Ashwin - has the ability to bowl wkt taking ball Point of contention: Bhajji vs Yusuf vs Raina * Bhajji - can deliver 8-10 overs on a consistent basis. Wouldn't expect too many wkts from him or bowl that ball to break a threatening partnership * Yusuf - hit or miss. If he gets his confidence back then he can be very useful. Can fire darts like Bhajji * Raina - would be the wild card as we don't know how he has shaped up in this tourney. Also Ind would be playing teams with good pacers who can bounce him out. I would use him wisely after evaluating other options

It was a ploy and good one. HE shouldn't have even played this game. They should have saved him for the QFs' date=' but our wrist slitter media and our so called "die hard" Indian fans couldn't wait.[/quote'] I told u so! :hitler: I expect some cool stuff to happen in the knockouts.
It was a ploy and good one. HE shouldn't have even played this game. They should have saved him for the QFs' date=' but our wrist slitter media and our so called "die hard" Indian fans couldn't wait.[/quote'] cut the crap out. Had chawla even bowled little bit better than what he did... we would have had to endure him in the QF.

Raina, Ashwin has to play. I think YP will miss out. I don't see much role for him. Also Aussies are clever and YP might fail against them in batting. Why not Kohil bowls medium pace? Munna bowled 5 overs only, tonight. What's the use of playing him for 5 overs? I would rather have Chawla or YP in his place. Sachin Sehwag Gauti Kohli UV Raina Dhoni Ashwin Bhajji Chawla/YP/Santh Zak

Can we get a replacement for Chawla by ensuring a training "accident" and replacing him with Ojha :winky: Given how we have played decent fast bowling so far with Bresnan , Steyn and Rampaul all taking 5 wkts against us on flat tracks (and even Trent Johnston getting 2/15 in 5 overs before getting injured) our best bet is to prepare a turner where our spinners will prove more deadly than their pacers. If the pitch is flat or has bounce, we are done for as Aussie attack will not allow our batsmen to put up a huge total and our bowlers can't do much on flat tracks.

My 11 for the KOs. The pitches should be good for batting :winky: - Sehwag - Tendulkar - Gambhir - Kohli - Yuvraj - Dhoni - Bhajji / Yusuf / Raina - Ashwin - Zaheer - Sree - Munaf For me, what's settled is the following: * The top 6 batsmen * 3 seamers - I suspect we will be playing on flat pitches (A'bad and Mumbai) or where the pitch could assist seamers a little (Mohali). Sree comes in for his ability to swing and reverse, if he is having an off-day, we have back up in Munaf and the part-timers * Ashwin - has the ability to bowl wkt taking ball Point of contention: Bhajji vs Yusuf vs Raina * Bhajji - can deliver 8-10 overs on a consistent basis. Wouldn't expect too many wkts from him or bowl that ball to break a threatening partnership * Yusuf - hit or miss. If he gets his confidence back then he can be very useful. Can fire darts like Bhajji * Raina - would be the wild card as we don't know how he has shaped up in this tourney. Also Ind would be playing teams with good pacers who can bounce him out. I would use him wisely after evaluating other options
Three pacers against Aus cost us the last word cup. Bad bad strategy. Look no further than what Pakistan did. They cannot play spin.
Nope bud, we have to play Harbhajan. Raina or Pathan can't replace him and we don't need 3 fast bowlers. On a flat track Nehra and Munaf will go for plenty. If we are able to control aussies in the power-play we have a decent attack to manage the middle overs.
Nope' date=' Chawla can lose the game in an over or two. He is capable of going ofr 2-3 overs in an over. At least Munaf is comparatively safer. It's more of a case of "lesser of the two evils" than anything else :(([/quote'] Chawla can bat and Field a bit. Munna just bowled 5 overs. No point in playing a player who is worse than a pregnant woman on the field. Chawla has better chance of bamboozling Aussies than Munna..