Sign in to follow this  
ganeshran

Is Siddhu a prisoner of his own image?

When Siddhu came on the commentary scene, it was a refreshing change from the usually dull goras of the time. His Sidhuisms used to be witty and people really loved the energy with with he used to make his points. But along with time, has Siddhu become a prisoner of his own image because of people's (perceived) expectations? Is he forced to invent new and inane proverbs which 90% of the time have no relation to the point being discussed? His energy and passion are now a brash loudmouthed tirade and the sensible cricketing points are few and far between.

The thing with Sidhu is that even though a few of the things he says are based on sound logic, they're so well hidden behind a barrage of idioms, muhawaraas, sher-o-shayaris that people never notice the cricketing part of Sidhu's commentary :hehe:

SIdhu is kind of a guy who talks irrelevant things just to use some stupid quotes he conjures out of thin air. You guys are lucky that you didn't listen to Bishan singh bedi.. man ... he used to talk like someone who drank beer in empty stomach.. no coherence.

Probably the only time Sidhu is worth listening to is when he is speaking about facing spin bowling. All the figures of speech, the muhawaras etc. are fine if he actually had a point of view and the muhawaraa drives the point home. And muhawaraas work moreover only if he believes in them. But Sidhu doesn't believe a word of these proverbs. He uses the muhawaraas instead as a gimmick and a punch-line. For every muhawaraa there is a counter-muhawaraa and often you will hear him using both in the same session. That's not wisdom that's just smartass slick.

Sidhu can speak for hours and hours and no one including Sidhu himself will understand what he is saying... that is his greatest achievement
:haha::haha:

Sidhu is a prisoner of his own idiocy. Yes' date=' you are right, he was interesting when he came, but now he us reduced to a loud moth idiot.[/quote'] pretty much like Hemesh Reshamiya singing..when he first came it looked refreshing but then it became a jhail after some time

Actually it would be interesting to listen what he says, provided he speaks only when asked a question.. He keeps jumping in every question asked.. and tht is very annoying.. let the others also speak ...

he was good for a change in the beginning but now he has started to irritate people and he keeps forgetting something thats really important for every individual and its called A-U-K-A-AT

he was good for a change in the beginning but now he has started to irritate people and he keeps forgetting something thats really important for every individual and its called A-U-K-A-AT
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sidhu style: "My friend, if I am the prisoner of my own image, then don't forget that only I hold the keys to that jail which holds my imprisoned image ...muahahahahha"

Did anyone catch him on Bigg Boss where you got to see his real persona? Extremely calm' date=' collected and dignified in real life.[/quote'] He didnt fight with anyone? I watched him in a live election show years ago.He was anything but calm,abusing left right and center(though the other guy was up for it too):cantstop:

He didnt fight with anyone? I watched him in a live election show years ago.He was anything but calm,abusing left right and center(though the other guy was up for it too):cantstop:
I saw siddhu on BB. He was like the wisest man on the planet. One of the most dignified contestants ever. And ne never fought with anybody. Like the father figure of the house. Always advising people of good and bad. :cantstop:

ITs not just Sidhu we need to understand that everthing has a self life. I have a confession i used to really like Ravi as a commentator. Not anymore. I mean take the simpsons. Used to be number 1 TV. Now its more of a so so show living on past glories. Its not bad but its not must watch tv.

He didnt fight with anyone? I watched him in a live election show years ago.He was anything but calm,abusing left right and center(though the other guy was up for it too):cantstop:
The atmosphere of BB is deliberately designed to irritate and provoke people. You have no stimuli, not way to pass time except talk and back bite. Sidhu is the only person I have seen who has absolutely remained unaffected and at ease with himself

The atmosphere of BB is deliberately designed to irritate and provoke people. You have no stimuli' date=' not way to pass time except talk and back bite. Sidhu is the only person I have seen who has absolutely remained unaffected and at ease with himself[/quote'] In real life he is quite calm and dignified in manner - I have met him and thats what I saw. But on TV he transforms into this irritating character who just can't stop talking and worse still, nowadays most of what he says doesn't make much sense because of the overdose of sher-o-shayari.

All the commentators are the same imo. For example, if a left handed batsman drives a ball for four, on the rise outside the off stump , they keep on praising the stroke . Whereas if on another instance, a left handed edges such a ball to keeper or slips then they will say, it was away from the body, on the rise so it was a risky shot. I can understand if such comments come from people who have not played proper hard ball cricket. However, to hear that from past cricketers (commies), who have played proper cricket, is hard to understand.