Gutted, but time to move on - Faf du Plessis

nospam

This has been the most difficult column to write. It’s obviously great writing about winning, but this is the complete opposite end of the scale. The “chokers†issue is now up in the air again and whilst I believe that you win some games and you lose some, I also realise that not everyone will see it that way. That’s because the World Cup quarterfinal against New Zealand was a big game and we should have won it. Graeme (Smith) said to us afterwards that whatever comes our way, we have to take it on the chin and move on. Looking back, for me, personally, the game couldn’t start soon enough and I was glad when it eventually did... ... The key thing, for me, throughout the World Cup, was having wickets in hand. Obviously, the run-out of AB was crucial and a massive error on our part. Unfortunately, that also led to the incident where all the New Zealanders crowded around, swearing at me. It was an unbelievable experience and something I’ve never seen or been involved in, in cricket. The pressure after the incident was immense, because, obviously, the New Zealanders reacted to me pushing 12th man Kyle Mills and it was like a bomb went off inside them. For the next half an hour, it was crucial for me to get through and stay there, because if I had got out, it would have been weak on my part... ...
Source: Read entire article on supersport.com Other columns by Faf du Plessis