Why to hate India? Take it as sports only | Changes Statement: Afridi | Changes it again

Asim

Indeed' date=' with Chucktar retired and Afridi attaining sainthood..we are rapidly running out of hateworthy choices :nervous:[/quote'] :((:(( Even Chottu Akmal hasnt done anything bad to be made fun of. Younis, Misbah and Razzak actually come across as nice guys. On the fence for Wahab Riaz, Ajmal, Rehman,Hafeez,Asad Shafiq since we have played them very rarely. Shehzad and Tanvir are dropped. This is a serious crisis in Indo - Pakistani cricket fans relationship. Please recruit some tools so we can mock them :hitler: :hitler:

Wish he had explained this to his cousin who was caught/killed infiltrating in J&K. http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/sep/12jk.htm Afridi's cousin killed in J&K: BSF September 12, 2003 13:38 IST The Border Security Force on Friday said a Harkat-ul-Ansar terrorist killed recently in south Kashmir was a cousin of Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi. "Saquib, killed in Anantnag on Sunday following a tip-off, turned out to be a relative of Shahid Afridi," BSF Inspector General Vijay Raman said. He based his claim on certain document found on the slain terrorist and the version of people who knew him. Saquib hailed from Peshawar, Pakistan, and had been active in Anantnag for about two years, Raman said. The IG said Saquib used to flaunt his relation with Afridi among the people in Anantnag. "It is an open secret in Anantnag," he said. "Initially we did not know whom we were tracking. It was only later when his identity was established by documents that we realised who he was."

Can you please explain this to your so called "Freedom Fighters" and "Jihadis"? Can you explain this to all those who fund them?? Cricket is just sport, but if Pakistan is genuine prove it.
Who funds them? It seems as if you know how deep the rabbit hole goes. Don't give-in to mass media friend, it will only ruin your mind. I learnt the hard way and there is so much more to it than what meets the eye. Anyway, I am not going to turn this into a political thread, Afridi has started to think with his brain for once and this is a good sign.

Wish he had explained this to his cousin who was caught/killed infiltrating in J&K. http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/sep/12jk.htm Afridi's cousin killed in J&K: BSF September 12, 2003 13:38 IST The Border Security Force on Friday said a Harkat-ul-Ansar terrorist killed recently in south Kashmir was a cousin of Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi. "Saquib, killed in Anantnag on Sunday following a tip-off, turned out to be a relative of Shahid Afridi," BSF Inspector General Vijay Raman said. He based his claim on certain document found on the slain terrorist and the version of people who knew him. Saquib hailed from Peshawar, Pakistan, and had been active in Anantnag for about two years, Raman said. The IG said Saquib used to flaunt his relation with Afridi among the people in Anantnag. "It is an open secret in Anantnag," he said. "Initially we did not know whom we were tracking. It was only later when his identity was established by documents that we realised who he was."
So where are we getting at with this article? I mean what is the purpose of it especially in this thread?

Nice try. But I want to crash this sickly sweet pity party and say this: Aftretard will always be the guy who eats balls for a living.
Your post will make a lot of sense if he lands up playing in the IPL. I hope he is being genuine though and not sweet talking his way in to the IPL.

Congrats all!!!! Finally Afridi is no longer 16. I think recently he has celebrated his 17th birthday hence the maturity from the Pathan!!
Yes...Afridi is really grown up & is talking all the correct things...& he is right. Its only sport guys...lose or win.
and imagine when he will turn 18 :winky:
Well...it will be then time for him to retire from Cricket. Hopefully he can go in politics with the same attitude & help in improving the relations between the countries

Your post will make a lot of sense if he lands up playing in the IPL. I hope he is being genuine though and not sweet talking his way in to the IPL.
Nah Grubby I don't think IPL team owners would even entertain the thought of having Pakistanis in their teams, let alone the Govt. and BCCI. No chances there, I bet. To be blunt, I'd even go to the extent of saying he's behaving like this to possibly avoid some sort of backlash back home and to win over a few fans here, who knows? :cantstop: Because it's truly hard for cynics like me to believe a guy who's not minced words on the field and done questionable stuff has suddenly become a zen master.

I dont think IPL will allow Pak cricketers now. They already had an auction where they sign players for 3 years I think. Plus atleast for his yaer....if a player is injured...then his replacement has to come from the list of players that were part of auction but remained unsold. So no chance of Pak cricketers for this year atleast. Next year maybe couple which is not bad. Pak cricketers bring a lot to the teams also. :two_thumbs_up:

Afridi was ok during the match. But i thought he was still the pitch dancer and ball licker. Then another decent interview.hmmmmmm...Maybe he moved up in the decent scale a bit but he still has a long way to. I am expecting another controversy in the WI tour. Regarding IPL, southee was picked 2 days back. With the WC and its injury rate, who knows how many more will decide not to push their body for iPL this year. There is always a slot open if the teams want.