Why BD are still a minnow

1. Not in the next 10yrs will we see a BD captain make a declaration like the one dravid made. 2. BD never went for the target, shows they didnt have b@lls and what Indian team thinks about their batting line up. 3. BD was playing a 10 man Indian team, for a change had a more experienced bowling line up yet they never tried sending a hitter at top of the order. Defensive loser mentality. 4. Bashar should first understand the meaning of playing mind games before opening his mouth during presentation ceremony. India maybe a team in disarray yet BD never had any realistic chance of winning, all the so called progress can be shoved u-know-where.

^^ And that may also go on to show why Internet sometimes breeds hatred. I doubt any cricket fan considers BD as one of the strongest cricket teams in world cricket, specially in the longer format of the game. But to consistently term them as "minnows" does nothing good for Indians fans(or BD for that matter). Yeah sure BD were weak so why didnt we exactly run over them? In LOI version we had scare in both the LOI before winning in the end, and in test we did not exactly beat a minnow team. Plus when you see BD fans turning up in huge numbers to watch a rain washed game and giving a decent support to India, I fail to see what are some Indian fans getting cocky about and trying to bring BD down? xxxx

I agree what you are saying jf1gp_1 but India also stumbled in their second essay. If Bangladesh had them on the mat at 100/6 in the second inning it does say something. These days I see they don't get too intimidated. We may not like it as Indian cricket fans but it is a fact they are not the good punching bags anymore. Either that or India is not good enough. You take the pick. I would like to give Bangladesh the benefit of doubt here firstly considering they made it to the super 8s, secondly for beating a strong South Africa in the world cup, for giving India a chase for money in the first ODI in the ODI series and now for having India at 6 down for 100 on a flat deck in the second inning. If I were Bangladesh fan I would be pretty happy with the out come of this test match. India certainly did not dominate Bangladesh. Bangladesh despite being 8 down came back well to avoid follow on. Not only avoid follow on but the bowlers bore the brunt of attack from no.9 and no.10 batter.

well they certainly are minows still but the way u said "never went for the target, shows they didnt have b@lls and what Indian team thinks about their batting line up." this wasn't the best way to describe them as minows.. anyteam with given equation would be cautious enuff.. of loosing wickets chasing in 4th inngs.. and that too bangla being a newly developing side.., their team sitll showed gr8 character, and at same time our batting looked bit Dull..

Sure am not forgetting that but we had them at 160+/8 in the first inning with the same bowling line up. BTW their bowling line up didn't change much but they had India in trouble in the second inning. I'm sure if they had to chase about 300 on the last day with this Indian bowling line up without Anil Kumble I would have given them 40:60 chance.

so india were 100/6 thats because we were trying to make a match out of it. its not as if bd bowlers earned any wicket. India missed there chances yes we did but we are a team going down yet to good for the so called rising star. If this series was played 6 month from now result would have been the same manner of victory would have been different. We played bad cricket yet we will win, bd can play there best cricket yet they will lose and this still makes them a minnow.

1) dont have to wait 10 years. just wait till Bashar steps down as captain/player from the team. Most likely Ash will be the captain and you will see the differnce. 2) BD didnt go for the target, thats true which makes us BD fans angry too, as they could atleast send Ash or Mashrafee instead of Rajin. It was a defensive attitude of the captain/coach. But INDIA has the b@alls? really? then why didnt Dravid declare at the beginning of the day to bowl out BD in 2 sessions? He played safe too. As he said there was a chance BD will go for it and make mistakes and eventually lose wickets. What are you proud of? you cant take more than 2 wickets of a MINNOW team at the 5th day of a test match. pathetic. 3) so without kumble, you are nothing. you should thank God that Mashrafee couldnt play in the 1st ODI, otherwise you might see ODI 1-1. 4) agree with you regarding bashar. he should leave ODI for good and captaincy in test.

I have fair bit of respect for Bangladesh and I believe they are decent enough if not yet good. They are good as a unit, they seem to do well as a unit. No am not comparing them with India but I clearly see they are surely improving with each series. I hope they do as they bring into the sport much needed enthusiasm and love. :thumbs_up:

1) dont have to wait 10 years. just wait till Bashar steps down as captain/player from the team. Most likely Ash will be the captain and you will see the differnce. 2) BD didnt go for the target, thats true which makes us BD fans angry too, as they could atleast send Ash or Mashrafee instead of Rajin. It was a defensive attitude of the captain/coach. But INDIA has the b@alls? really? then why didnt Dravid declare at the beginning of the day to bowl out BD in 2 sessions? He played safe too. As he said there was a chance BD will go for it and make mistakes and eventually lose wickets. What are you proud of? you cant take more than 2 wickets of a MINNOW team at the 5th day of a test match. pathetic. 3) so without kumble, you are nothing. you should thank God that Mashrafee couldnt play in the 1st ODI, otherwise you might see ODI 1-1. 4) agree with you regarding bashar. he should leave ODI for good and captaincy in test.
Dravid didnt declare at the beginning of day because he isnt stupid like bashar. The day Bashar retires ur team will see so much infighting that you will not move forward. Infact i am waiting for basher to retire. You BD fans are always ready with excuse. Mashrefe didnt play so we lost ODI, pontings catch was dropped so we lost test, umpire dont give right decisions. You have a useless team first win a test against a top team outside your country. Let me correct myself. First draw a test against a top side without any help of rain outside BD. Only then will you have a right to play against Indian team. Yes our current team may not be performing well but India as a cricket nation are far ahead you, BD international team would come last if you played challenger trophy as the 4th team.
Guest dada_rocks
are u sure it was fifith day:-) man u guys huffed and puffd to eke out a draw in 2 and half day test match so shut ur piehole..
Guest dada_rocks

You have a useless team first win a test against a top team outside your country. **************** i wud rather start with a draw in five day match winning will come next

Bangladesh fielding fell apart too today. They were catching and fielding like a village cricket team in the neighbouring town. Nope not a chance in the world can they do anything with this team with this kind of inconsistency. BTW their bowlers bowled pretty well to Tendulkar in the end and kept the lashings down a little. Tomorrow could be a different day though.