Man of the match

I know Dhoni's is equally good knock and he finished the game but I still feel Gauti deserved the MOM more than Dhoni. Gauti's innings was a special, especially considering he was in the crease from the very first over. He had to face new ball from Malinga and he had to consolidate the innings when India was reeling under pressure for 32/2. But he played a brilliant innings along with Kohli to build a partnership. Hallmark of this innings is he never allowed run rate to go down, he played the spinners beautifully, taking a risk or two every few overs. Its one of the most amazing innings ever under pressure. Of course he got out for a stupid looking shot, but thats how he plays. And by the time he got out, India was almost on the verge of victory. If he had scored that three run, whole world would have gone crazy about that innings, but he didn't get enough credit for the innings because he didn't score century. Dhoni's innings was good, but I feel when he came to bat India was in relatively good position and pitch was eased. I think even if UV had come in that position, he would also have played the same innings. So in the euphoria of so called Captains innings by commentators, Gauti didn't get his due , whereas he should've been awarded MOM.

Yes pressure on gambhir was more than dhoni when he first arrived at crease but dhoni stayed till the end and guided the team to victory while gambhir threw his wicket away with a rash shot otherwise he would have got the MOM gambhir was the real MOM in the 20/20 world cup final but did not get it for some strange reason.

Until it was announced, I had no doubt that it's going to be Gambhir. He was there in the middle from score of 0/1 to score of 223/3. By the time he got out, there was no much doubt left about india winning the cup. But it looks like a trivial matter to discuss at this point.

Until it was announced, I had no doubt that it's going to be Gambhir. He was there in the middle from score of 0/1 to score of 223/3. By the time he got out, there was no much doubt left about india winning the cup. But it looks like a trivial matter to discuss at this point.
Agreed! Sud have been Gauti. Love the man. Post match dedication speech was very touching. RESPECT!