Holy Cow - Barbarism in China

kumble_rocks

Holy Cow, Just saw this horrifying video in CNN IBN of animal brutality of the highest order in China. Looks like some of these guys have not yet evolved. Warning - Viewer Discretion strongly advised. http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/41208/china-goes-wild-with-wildlife-tours.html Also , full video here http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1266775,00.html

horrifyingly callous. but then what do you expect in a country where 20,000 miners die every year feeding their booming economy by mining coal in shocking conditions?? when humans have no value, what rights would animals have?

KR that video is soft mate. I can show you videos from China, ME, US AND INDIA which will make you really pissed off. Although China and some ME countries take the ultimate piss (Japan, Norway etc are no better either) . Hey KR if you eat meat then you are not that much better either :teeth_smile: You just outsource the brutal part and keep it hidden from public display. Not picking on you mate just making a point :-)

Not to get picky but there is heaven and hell difference between killing something for food and killing something for the fun of it. And hell, say if we wernt the apex predators on this planet and some other creature owned the humans. What would make you more pissed off - that you are being chased because that creature depends on you for food or that you are being chased because its fun for that creature !?!

KR that video is soft mate. I can show you videos from China' date=' ME, US [b']AND INDIA which will make you really pissed off. Although China and some ME countries take the ultimate piss (Japan, Norway etc are no better either) . Hey KR if you eat meat then you are not that much better either :teeth_smile: You just outsource the brutal part and keep it hidden from public display. Not picking on you mate just making a point :-)
I see your point.But , I guess meat for consumption is okay. Traditionally , Indians , native americans etc have worshipped animal form and have shown great mercy on the animals . They kill it for consumption only, not for recreational purpose. In fact , native americans have been known to pray for the dead animal that they kill. But , certain sects of oriental people have been known to be cruel to animals. In fact , their is a saying which goes like, "Chinese will eat anything". I know it sounds bit harsh , but videos like this make me wonder.:tounge_smile:

My Chinese friends have told me that the Szchechuan motto ( its a region in southern China, home to their spicy food) for food is ' if it moves, its edible'. Africa is not much behind either. They brutally kill elephants (my favourite animal btw) for tusks and african meat markets have hanging skinned carcasses of monkeys and orang-utangs hanging from hooks. Looks eerily like humans skinned and hanging from hooks.

Not to get picky but there is heaven and hell difference between killing something for food and killing something for the fun of it.
No difference for the dead animal though is there? :-)
In fact , native americans have been known to pray for the dead animal that they kill.
Won't bring the dead animal back to life :-P

In all honesty, native Americans and Tibetans are very good examples why vegeterianism cannot be an absolute choice. Native Americans ( ie, all tribes living in current day US/Cananada) did not know agriculture. And Tibetans don't have conditions suited for agriculture.(wtf can you grow in the cold of the tibetan platueau ?). As such, these two cultures are pretty much FORCED by nature to survive by non-vegetarianism because you CANNOT be a veggie culture if you do not know agriculture/cannot have agriculture. Same with the eskimos or Lapps...they live on freaking ice shelf all their life and how the hell can they be veggies ?

Open a Wal Mart near them :-) If it was an absolute case of survival then I can understand to some extent. For majority of the world it is not so. Plus the amount of grain etc that is wasted on animal farming can easily be diverted to our Tibetan monk brothers. Ok night all!:lightbulb:

Have you guys seen the seal hunting in the Artic by some Canadian compaines? That truly is barbaric. I was watching it on Nat Geo the other day. The hunters go on a ferry, walk on flat ice and using a shackle they just hammer the baby seals. They at times hammer about 8-10 baby seals in one landing. That was very bad to watch. Why do people even have to go to Artic and kill seals of all?

Plus the amount of grain etc that is wasted on animal farming can easily be diverted to our Tibetan monk brothers.
Arrey baba, what you ask may be practical TODAY in the last 30-40 years but historically speaking, how can this even be an argument ? My point is, there are situations where non-vegitarianism is perfectly justifible in every which concievable way.

Ravi, those Seal hunters are scum buckets. Why they do it is because baby seal fur is very very precious and sought after in the fashion industry. You'd see some fatass guy armed with a big log of wood with a nail on the top walk up to a baby seal on the ice shelf, club it to death or sometimes just hook its fins while its trying to get away and drag it back to the boat, skin it and throw the carcass right over into the sea. And that baby seal fur probably goes for lining of some 300 dollar women's jacket inner neck collar or something.

I'm gonna stay away from these, hate seeing this type of videos. We're the most fu.cked up species ever. And probably the most useless as well. Come to think of it, bees have been disappearing in many places and the whole ecosystem will collapse without them, we'll probably starve to death as well. On the other hand, if humans went extinct tomorrow, it'll result in only good things for nature.

Have you guys seen the seal hunting in the Artic by some Canadian compaines? That truly is barbaric. I was watching it on Nat Geo the other day. The hunters go on a ferry' date=' walk on flat ice and using a shackle they just hammer the baby seals. They at times hammer about 8-10 baby seals in one landing. That was very bad to watch. Why do people even have to go to Artic and kill seals of all?[/quote'] You're absolutely right and worse yet there are videos where clearly the pups were still alive when they were skinned. Same thing happens in other places too, I've seen clips where one dude happily skins a raccoon alive, the poor creature gets up, looks back into its body and then fainted from pain and shock I'm assuming. It ended there but imagine the pain, and for what, so that few rich bastards can wear those fancy clothes once a year? :angry_smile: As I said, we're the worst of all.

You're absolutely right and worse yet there are videos where clearly the pups were still alive when they were skinned.
Someone who can kill something as helpless, beautiful and adorable as a seal pup in such a brutal and heinous fashion has not an iota of compassion and parenthood in them. I know which clip you are talking about and its gotto be the most disturbing clip i've ever seen or atleast, in top the top five.