Bangladesh doesn't seem religious

King

Sumon. It is not a "your" media propaganda it is simple truth. See Bangladesh problem is two-fold. One its economy is really in bad shape. Two, there has been a increase in Islamic hardliners. xxx
...and three, corruption.
The fifth straight year that Bangladesh has topped the most corrupt countries list. The government continues to pay lip service to fighting corruption but has shown no real consistency in doing so. It failed to sign the United Nations convention against corruption. Corrupt practices continue at every level of the government and judiciary--wherever citizens or businesses interact with the government. Senior public officials, ministers, even the nation's head of state continue to put their hands in the till.
http://www.forbes.com/2006/01/24/06caphosp_corrupt_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=6000 What a scrap-heap of a country that is.
Over a million hindu bangladeshis killed during partition. Nearly another million killed between 69-70 by Pakistani Army guys (on religious grounds). Fits 'slaughter' in my books.
None of this period belongs to current Bangladesh. I am not willing to take the responsibility of some crime committed by another country (read Pakistan).
Mate, i am talking about pretty grim stuff. Like how some family immigrated out of fear because some local muslim chokra took their eldest daughter, police did nothing and they are fleeing in concern of their other daughters.
CC.. i dont know wheter you really have encountered this or just heard form someone, but either way... i am sure they are exceptions and more like general crime in the society which is not troubling only hindus but rest of the population as well. and police? sorry to say.. but they are one of the most corrupt dept. even we bangladeshis have very low confidence on them regardless of any religion.
because while there are hindu fanatics who hate muslims, they are far far smaller in number than islamic fanatics in any islamic society i've seen, plus the hindu fanatics drown you with rhetoric, they don't steal your women or stone you to death/make you disappear like muslim fanatics. For two, immigrating to India is infinitely more proposing a financial situation than staying in bangladesh. Make no mistake, bangladesh economy is an utter basket case compared to even the west bengali economy- which is India's basket-case. You get the picture how much better it is on this side of the border- not talking outta my arse, there are bong muslims pouring through everywhere in India - not just West Bengal, Bangladeshi muslims are arriving illegally by the droves in Assam and Tripura. This has already insanely pissed off the ULFA and i expect Tripura to go ballistic soon with this mass incursion of Bangladeshis because India to Bangladesh is much like US to Mexico.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:.. thanks mate. I had a tough day at work and it was nice to have a good laugh. hashte hashte pet betha hoye gelo dada :haha:
US whines about the Latino takeover, in East India (incase you havn't figured out yet, i am a Bengali ) everyone is whining about the Bangladeshi takeover.
dont worry... you whine too much even on a cricket match... so it is more likely you are prone to whine to anything :cry_smile:
I do not need the 'media' to tell me whats going on in Bangladesh. I *still* have family ties in Bangladesh, albeit distant. For two, 'my media' ? which media is that exactly ? I don't rely on Indian media or western media for that matter- i make up my mind independently.
ic. so you have still family ties here in BD, so i guess your source is highly realiable.. but you know.. i just remmebered.. BD is my birthplace.. I have living there almost 30 years.. not only I have family TIES but I DO have family there. And in case you forgot about another thread as i mentioned my home village is in greater Faridpur which has a lot hindu population, so I think I can claim to be known to their situation no lesser than you ofcourse if you dont mind. At a serious note, since you have realtives there, so i guess your family may have been migrated from here to India as well (just guessing), could you give the honest reason why they have moved over there?
I hate to say this but the common denominator from Bosnia, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Chechnya, Turkestan, Pakistan, Bangladesh,Thailand,Phillipines, etc etc. are : Muslims. Ever noticed much riots between Hindus and Christians ? Or Hindus and Jews ? Yes, there are still a lot of Jews in India too ya know ! Tell me when was the last hindu- parsee fight on any level. Or Hindu-Buddhist or Hindu-Jain. Hell, forget the hindu angle, tell me when was the last time India had riots and burnings and whatnot involving any of Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, Jains ? With the Sikhs too, it was once and pretty much only because a nutter extremist was camped inside the Harimandir Sahib armed to the teeth holding hostages.
mate... how can you have riot or conflict between hindu and others if there is almost no significant hindu population outside subcontinent? isnt alsmost over 90% of hindu living in the subcontinent? and where you are majority.. believe me you can make a mess. I just searched through google for info about riots in Indian and i found subcategories in wikepedia. its so much there they couldnt put them in one section.
I am sorry but India's problems on religion issue is miniscule to non-existant (it is literally one big happy family!) once you negate Islam from the ledger. Thats the cold,hard, bitter truth.
hahaa... you have said it man.. now i understand why there are so many problems in India.
Yes. I've been advocating either annexing Bangladesh and getting rid of extremist muslims there ( face it, Bangladesh is pretty dependent on India for everything, including 80% of its trade...you might as well join us and spare us the wa-wa over Farakkah) or putting up a huge electric fence around Bangladesh. Your choice.
again you have said it. please dream as much as you want but if you have to wake up in a brutal reality (like Roumary), please dont blame me then. have a nice day.
At a serious note, since you have realtives there, so i guess your family may have been migrated from here to India as well (just guessing), could you give the honest reason why they have moved over there?
My father's father is from Dhaka Bikrompur area, my mother's mother is from Rajshahi. Father's father moved to Andaman as a doctor right after partition. His cause for moving was that he had cousins in P.Blair and wanted to practice medicine there. My mother's mother moved with her family right after paritition because muslim mobs killed her eldest brother and invaded the family 'haveli'.
thanks mate. I had a tough day at work and it was nice to have a good laugh. hashte hashte pet betha hoye gelo dada
Haschen kano ? Sotto teto laglo ? It is a fact that millions of Bangladeshis are in India illegally because India presents a FAR better financial option than Bangladesh.
mate... how can you have riot or conflict between hindu and others if there is almost no significant hindu population outside subcontinent?
Mate this is not about hindus outside subcontinent. I meant as in people living IN india. You don't EVER see hindus, christians, parsees, jains, buddhists, etc. in INDIA ever rioting against each other or fighting each other. And even if you wanna talk about hindus outside of India, tere are over a million Indians in Canada, US, UK, South Africa, Guyana, Thailand, etc etc. Yet they don't fight with other religion. In Thailand, hindus and buddhists get along excellently- hell, most Thai are buddhists yet get wedded by hindu brahmins. Christians dont cause much problems there but the ONLY part of thailand that is suffering religious violence is their two southernmost districts - which *surprise surprise* are the only two muslim majority districts in Thailand. You have muslim terrorists wanting to blow up Britain and getting arrested left, right and center but the million plus hindus in Britain arnt blowing it up ! You might not like to face it but Islam's problem with fundamentalism and violence is a few orders of magnitude greater than ALL the other religions put together today.
hahaa... you have said it man.. now i understand why there are so many problems in India.
Thank you then for admitting that Islam is the problem.
None of this period belongs to current Bangladesh. I am not willing to take the responsibility of some crime committed by another country (read Pakistan).
Lamest excuse i've ever heard. It matters not whether in 1947 Bangladesh was set to join India or Pakistan or become independent. What matters is that muslim bangladeshis killed nearly a million hindu bengalis in religious riots while hardly any muslim bengalis were killed by hindu bengalis in the west bengal side. Responsibility of that lies with Bangladeshi muslims, regardless of which political entitity they were a part of before. Its like saying the recent nandigraam violence in West Bengal is not a WB problem because WB is a part of India. :S
Lamest excuse i've ever heard. It matters not whether in 1947 Bangladesh was set to join India or Pakistan or become independent. What matters is that muslim bangladeshis killed nearly a million hindu bengalis in religious riots while hardly any muslim bengalis were killed by hindu bengalis in the west bengal side. Responsibility of that lies with Bangladeshi muslims, regardless of which political entitity they were a part of before.
dada... why do you lie so much? lack of knowledge? please help yourself http://www.ipcs.org/IRP03.pdf in 1947, there was riot in Calcutta as well. nowdont say that muslims in calcutta started the riot and fled to then east pakistan. In the above article ONLY 21 PAGES were needed to list the riots in India from 1947 to 2003. what a shame dada.:thumbs_down:

I did not say that there were no violence on the Indian side. But compared to the violence what was going on in the Bangladeshi side was far far greater than that in India. Afterall, nearly 3 million hindus fled Bangladesh during partition due to persecution, while 700,000 Muslims fled indian side of Bengal in violence. As per the number of riots - as i said, you will find that in the overwhelming majority of cases, Islam is the common factor. And don't forget that India is far more diverse than Bangladesh is- diversity has many pluses but one of the minuses is friction in society. Compared to the diversity in India, the violence there is miniscule. Oh and don't compare the religious persecution in Bangladesh to that of India- it is universally acknowledged that while there is religious freedom in India, there is repression of hindus in Bangladesh. This is not Indian 'biassed' media but even the UN acknowledges it !

I did not say that there were no violence on the Indian side. But compared to the violence what was going on in the Bangladeshi side was far far greater than that in India. Afterall, nearly 3 million hindus fled Bangladesh during partition due to persecution, while 700,000 Muslims fled indian side of Bengal in violence. As per the number of riots - as i said, you will find that in the overwhelming majority of cases, Islam is the common factor. And don't forget that India is far more diverse than Bangladesh is- diversity has many pluses but one of the minuses is friction in society. Compared to the diversity in India, the violence there is miniscule.
dada ...you are just pathetic. trying your best to establish that you are the lesser evil. keep it up. when you continue lying for long..you may be able to convince some... keep it up. hahaa.... you see as Islam is the commmon factor, where i see Hindu is the common factor. as its a Hindu-muslim riot. what you say? its 50-50.
Oh and don't compare the religious persecution in Bangladesh to that of India- it is universally acknowledged that while there is religious freedom in India, there is repression of hindus in Bangladesh. This is not Indian 'biassed' media but even the UN acknowledges it !
really? i deny. UN didnt acknowledge that. world acknowldge BD as a moderate muslim country. on the other hand..isnt some states in India prohibits muslim to slaughter cows during Eid ul Azha? i see it as a direct prohibition from practicing ones religion.
you see as Islam is the commmon factor, where i see Hindu is the common factor. as its a Hindu-muslim riot. what you say? its 50-50.
Dada, use some logic please. Here is a demonstration : I: Setting the Premise : Islam is the common factor for religion-based riots. II: Arguing the Premise: I asked you, how many of those 'riots' are between hindus and christians or hindus and buddhists or buddhists and christians or jains etc etc. Then i gave you a worlwide example : From Bosnia to Afghanistan,Pakistan, India, Bangladesh,Lebanon,UK, Thailand, etc. Wherever there is a religion-based fight, more often than not, it is between fundie muslims and some other religion. Common factor: Islam. III: Countering the challenger's(your ) argument : You claim that hindus are the common factor. This is false and i've demonstrated why it is so. Hindus in India dont go around fighting with Jains,Christians or Buddhists. Just now 100,000 hindus converted to Buddhism en-masse. Did Hindus fight or create problems ? No. Can you give me ONE example where ANY muslim crowd behaved in this civil way if thousands of people wanted to leave the faith and believe something else? Hell, the muslim world gets into a knot and newspapers flash headlines when ONE muslim publicly converts to Christianity! Furthermore, you do not see religious friction between hindus and christians or other religions in areas where there are significant hindu presence. There are significant number of hindus in Canada, US, Guyana, UK, South Africa, Australia, middle-east. Yet you don't see them engaging in violence or fighting in the name of religion ! But in areas where there is a significant Islamic presence,there is trouble. UK, Australia, Canada, US, India, Thailand, etc.- all the places where muslims are a minority of the population, yet there are fundie-islam based violence. Therefore your assessment is incorrect. IV: Conclusion: This is not to say that all muslims are terrorists or bad people- if you care to peek in the backroom, you'd see a lot of fundie hindus here ganging up on me and a few others who actually DEFEND the right of muslims in India more often than not. The problem from the fundie hindu side is they are suspicious of any muslim, problem from the muslim side is they CANNOT bring themselves to admit that there is something majorly messed-up in their religion and that their religion needs reform. Whether you reform your religion by interpreting your sacred texts differently or discarding your scared texts is none of my business- but the problem shall remain (or get worse) as long as people like you refuse to see the 'common factor' to violence in the name of religion(Islam). PS: This is my last post on the matter. Ironic thing is, you are probably convinced at this point that I am a fundie Hindu masquerading as a 'logical person', yet, I am a Buddhist in reality.
really? i deny.
You cannot deny what is a fact. UNESCO and UN Human Rights Commission has Bangladesh listed as a 'critical zone' for abuse and *has* posted notice before, condemning religious violence in Bangladesh. This has never happened to India.
world acknowldge BD as a moderate muslim country.
And i agree. It is a moderate muslim country. Kintu bhai amar, musolmaan desh-er tulonaye jeta 'moderate', seta baki duniyaar tulonaye praye 'zaleem - nawabi'. Eta mone rekho.
i see it as a direct prohibition from practicing ones religion.
Ulto chor kotwal ke gaan dicche ? Prohibition of practicing religion ? Sorry but i fully support ANY move that bans animal sacrifice or cruelty towards animals as a part of religion. This factor is commonly enforced in ALL religion, so there is no discrimination. If your religion doesnt mind slaughtering animals in name of God, it should make you think a bit about how big a butcher this God is. Anyways- there is no prohibition on muslims practicing their faith.

CC.. why you bring the whole world when i am concentrating on BD and India. Ofcourse outside, usually muslims are a common factor but if you take case by case, muslims are suppressed all over the world fomr palestine to bosnia, chechnia..and many others. so usually ever place has their own issue. anyway, inside India, you cant deny that Hindus are also atleast equally responsible for religious riots. thats why i said you better take care of your own coutry before accusing others and preaching. anyway, i know not any country or society is perfect and i dont claim BD as one either, same goes for india.

CC.. why you bring the whole world when i am concentrating on BD and India. Ofcourse outside' date=' usually muslims are a common factor but if you take case by case, muslims are suppressed all over the world fomr palestine to bosnia, chechnia..and many others. so usually ever place has their own issue. anyway, inside India, you cant deny that Hindus are also atleast equally responsible for religious riots. thats why i said you better take care of your own coutry before accusing others and preaching. anyway, i know not any country or society is perfect and i dont claim BD as one either, same goes for india.[/quote'] Here we go muslims are supressed blah blah blah. How about looking at muslim countries and the disgraceful way the treat kaffirs eg non muslims. As for muslims being supressed its more the islamic mentality and the ability not to get on with others. As your psyche will always tell a muslim that others are Kaffirs and we should not listen to them or even live happily with them.
why you bring the whole world when i am concentrating on BD and India.
In order to counter your claim that its hindus who are ****-stirrers/equally to blame. In India, 99.99% riots are between hindus and muslims. Who is the aggressive party in most cases ? how to tell ? Answer is simple - look around the world. Find out who the aggressive party is in most cases and probability law dictates that it will hold in this case too. Hindus are all over the world but its ONLY in India where hindus are involved with religious rioting. Why ? because ONLY in India do hindus in huge numbers come across muslims in huge numbers. Hindus in huge numbers dont fight in South Africa, Britain, US , UK, Canada, Australia, etc. But Muslims in huge numbers do cause problems in places like Thailand, UK, Australia, etc. The extrapolation is simple.
muslims are suppressed all over the world fomr palestine to bosnia, chechnia..and many others.
I will grant you Palestine. Bosnia- it was both sides slaughtering each other. As per muslims being suppressed- sorry but that is the part of the denial most muslims suffer from. Its not muslims all the world over are suppressed- its that Islam *IS* the problem and therefore, where there is islam in significant amount, there is trouble. Especially in areas where Islam is not the overwhelming majority ( which means no one dares say anything ) and neither is it a miniscule minority ( too few muslims to cause problems).
anyway, inside India, you cant deny that Hindus are also atleast equally responsible for religious riots.
Yes I can and i've said why that is so- In India, there are millions of Hindus, muslims, skihs, jains, buddhists, christians and shamanist 'adivasis'. Yet almost ALL religious violence/riots involve hindu-muslim angle. No other religious group fights each other and you will find that almost all over India, non-muslims tend to side with hindus because we can ALL see who the ****-stirrer is.
anyway, i know not any country or society is perfect and i dont claim BD as one either, same goes for india.
Yes but there are some socieities far more evolved than others. I'd say Canaidian society is more evolved (though much narrower) than Indian society and Indian society is far more evolved than the Bangladeshi one. As i said, when you guys stop persecuting hindus enough that they flee ( i draw your attention to the FACT that muslims arnt fleeing india but there is a continuous steady trickle of hindus from bangladesh), then you can talk. But as i said, i've said enough on this topic for this thread.
Rubbish he is stating the truth and you guys cant handle the truth!
oye main bhi india se hoon yaar!!!!
I don't fear Islam- but i do know it quite well.
well its just reading ur posts above mine gave me the feeling u did (not fear but hate), maybe i read it wrong..neways peace ps. yeah site mein login karna toh traas hi hain baba ..had to create another id and log in