IPL4 Pace Thread

CG

Speed guns r correct BAla ji dissappointed in the last over and he bowled all his balls under 123K and was smashed badly. He bowled just 3 to 4 balls in his first 2 overs at 140 141 and 144 K all other balls were the slower ones at 112K 116K etc Bala ji and Munaf need to understand that there mix of slower ones is 80:20. 80 percent are slower ones and 20 percent faster ones. If they reverse they will be much better ballers. If munaf bowls 4 balls at 140K and 2 under 120K , even his slower one"s will suceed but he bowls 4 balls under 120 and 2 balls around 135K +.

@vrv speed guns are not wrong every time. We need assess when it showed the right speed. Balaji was around 125-130 as well as jaydev. only today speed guns showed contradicting speeds and that too only in second innings. irfan onlh clocked at 130

@vrv speed guns are not wrong every time. We need assess when it showed the right speed. Balaji was around 125-130 as well as jaydev. only today speed guns showed contradicting speeds and that too only in second innings. irfan onlh clocked at 130
balaji bowled 136 and 138K balls last season ( one or two in 2 overs) and he used to bowl at 140K earlier so if he bowled a couple of balls at 141K this time, it should be considered possible , he can definitely bowl fast as well and Jaydev unadkat is improving , he does ocassionaly ball at 140K , it is possible for him to bowl genuine 140-142K balls. occasional fast bowl does not mean he is a fast baller. when i bowl fastest , i can also bowl fast( though not accurate) , i mean 120 or 125K that does not mean i am a regular 125K bowler..simillarly these guys are 130 to 138K bowlers at present and 50 % of time even slower than 130K. what i feel surprised about is bala ji could not retain full pace even for 2 overs and his last 2 overs were slow.. i am surprised why cant they eat n drink well .. see morne morkel , he bowls his last over faster than his first overs...see sreesanth , he does not drop his pace later also.

balaji bowled 136 and 138K balls last season ( one or two in 2 overs) and he used to bowl at 140K earlier so if he bowled a couple of balls at 141K this time, it should be considered possible , he can definitely bowl fast as well and Jaydev unadkat is improving , he does ocassionaly ball at 140K , it is possible for him to bowl genuine 140-142K balls. occasional fast bowl does not mean he is a fast baller. when i bowl fastest , i can also bowl fast( though not accurate) , i mean 120 or 125K that does not mean i am a regular 125K bowler..simillarly these guys are 130 to 138K bowlers at present and 50 % of time even slower than 130K. what i feel surprised about is bala ji could not retain full pace even for 2 overs and his last 2 overs were slow.. i am surprised why cant they eat n drink well .. see morne morkel , he bowls his last over faster than his first overs...see sreesanth , he does not drop his pace later also.
but those deliveries didn't look quick. You don't need to see the speed gun reading when someone is bowling quick. You can sense he is bowling quick. Like in case of Ishant in this IPL in two matches he has played. He looked quick and troubled the batsmen though has been unlucky not to get any wicket yet.

its rubbish to find fault with the speed guns. The speed guns are the same for all bowers, national and international - and the presence of people like Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel presents a ready cross - check. Its not like these people have been instructed to intentionally bowl slow lest they bust the speed guns. Or to say that the guns are right for the phoren bowlers but wrong for indian bowlers is even more rubbish. So if we see people like Dale Steyn bowl at 147 and ishant bowling along at a similar speed, we know that its no fluke. Currently we have people bowling 4 over spells and even the ndian bowlers can definitely bowl at good speeds when fresh. If you make them both bowl 20 overs each you shall still see Steyn bowling at those speeds but the Indian bowlers wont be able to keep up. That is the actual problem. Plus the indian bowlers are putting in an extra effort to make themselves a part of the Post - World Cup scheme of things. Its the period when all the teams make a fresh beginning wrt their future, and hence all our bowlers (especially the younger ones) want to get on the radar.

speed guns were wrong balaji and unadkat barely even touch 130kmph they cant touch 140 kmph espacially balaji.even rajat bhatia whose fastest balls are about 115 was shown at 126.6
That means repeat shots at 165 are definitely on the line once Brett Lee and Shaun Tait come in.

Why talk about speed guns. You do not need see speed guns when some one is bowling. You can sense that he is bowling quick. Balaji and Unadkat didn't look that quick to be bowled at 142 or 144. Ishant and Styen did look quick. These speed guns are no consistent or there is some typing errors in showing the speeds on screen, that can be the case. Do not what is the process of speed guns. I do not think there is much difference in speed gun technology across the world, but human errors are possible even with machines.

No speed guns are not wrong it is perfectly possible to bowl a bouncer at 144km/h,most speed guns show bouncers as slowest ball but infact it is the fastest,balaji has bowled at 140km/h on somedays